Light-O-Rama Forums

What size LED's?

roach.dan@gmail.com

Alright I know a lot of this is preference but I've been a good boy this year and the wife is letting me drop a pretty penny at CDI. Here's my questions...

Pros and Cons?

5mm Wide angle

M5 mini commercial and pro series

C3 retail series

C6 retail series

Right now I have a 20' mega tree with 1600 (32 50 count strands) warm white C9's LED the GE Energy Saver

Holdman Bethleham Star 195 C9 same as above

3000 GE LED warm white icicles

5000 GE LED warm white M5

I Want to make my display 3 color like the Holdman with Warm white red and green. I want the mega tree to have about 9600 lights but from the looks of the price of the C9's that is un reasonable. The C9s I have now are not the screw in type that are on CDI will I be ok with another vendor for those C9's or should I switch to a different style bulb?

What I need to purchase roughly

5000-10000 red

5000-10000 green

3200 red (mega tree)

3200 green (mega tree)

Thanks in advance guys I want to try to get everything thru CDI and eventually replace my GE stock. I just need a starting price to work off of.

Thanks and MERRY CHRISTMAS

I use the M5. I ordered a case of each color to start me out. Then I added from there. I am buying all C6 bulbs this year. If I had to do it over, I would have bought the C6. But the M5's are fine. Plenty bright enough.

During the summer, I took a lot of measurements, then decided on what lengths to get and how many more I needed. I've got a mix of 70 and 105 counts.

About a 70/30 mix of commercial grade and retail. Mainly because I missed all the pre-sales last year and at 40% off, I couldn't pass them up.
I really don't mind the retail lights. I like the fact, that if a bulb goes out, I can just replace it. I haven't had any issues with them at all.
I'm having dimming issues with 3 of the commercial strings now.

I've bought lights from CDI, CLE, and MITS. All have great prices and customer service. They are all being used and you can't see any difference.

I use mainly M5's and C6's. Most mega strand are red, green, white and blue. I have been buying from CDI and MITS. Both have been great. I find the blue lights have been burning out often. This year alone, I have thrown out at least 10 sets for blue lights. Being the lights are only a few years old, I am not very happy. Really think about taking blue out of my display.

Denise Brunner wrote:

I use mainly M5's and C6's. Most mega strand are red, green, white and blue. I have been buying from CDI and MITS. Both have been great. I find the blue lights have been burning out often. This year alone, I have thrown out at least 10 sets for blue lights. Being the lights are only a few years old, I am not very happy. Really think about taking blue out of my display.
do you think it is an issue with that color LED or the source?

caniac wrote:

Denise Brunner wrote:
do you think it is an issue with that color LED or the source?

I've heard that blue always does that from multiple people now