Light-O-Rama Forums

Beat program

dragonsck

Does anyone know of a program that will let me plug in my music and say this beat hits at x:xx time and this beat hits at x:xx? Hoping to find something that shows each level like the bass, mids and treb. I know about the view wave form but its not what Im looking for...

Shawn

+1 on the beat wizard, although that won't pull out the bass, mids and treble as you posted. It does a great job of putting in the timing marks for the beat though.

I will also add that there are some songs that the tempo does not stay steady. If you are finding that the timing seems to lag or advance during a song, it very well may be the song is speeding up and slowing down.

De Trommelslager wrote:

I will also add that there are some songs that the tempo does not stay steady. If you are finding that the timing seems to lag or advance during a song, it very well may be the song is speeding up and slowing down.

Yes, the Beat Wizard is designed to operate under the assumption that the tempo remains constant throughout the song, so if you've got a song where the tempo varies, the Beat Wizard won't be too great on it unless you play around with it a bit.

Specifically, you can tell the Beat Wizard to operate on only a specific portion of a song, rather than its default behavior, which is to operate on the whole song itself. So, in a multi-tempoed song, you could tell it to operate on each individual section of constant tempo, and it should then perform much better than if you told it to operate on the whole song.