Light-O-Rama Forums

2011 Christmas Video

CLD Kevin

I originally created this for the AMAs, but you didn't get to see a lot of it due to the way it was broadcast. I've received many requests to use this for a Christmas show and I thought it would be a cool idea to add Santa Hats on the faces and place some Xmas trees on the lawn....and presto! Sexy and I know It Christmas style with a little Halloween thrown in. Not your typical standard Christmas song...but who wants standard?

The great thing about RGBs...I did not have to change anything from Halloween to Christmas except for the lawn. And I added the Santa Hats, but that took a couple of hours. So basically all the lights were there...not alot of work when it came to setting up except for the spiral trees on the lawn. That took a few days.

NO LIVE SHOW. My lights are only static for xmas...well, they fade to different colors, but no music because I want to give my neighbors a break from all the madness. I wouldn't mind having a live show, but I think its best not to.

Kevin

HA HA HA That was AWESOME!!! I thoroughly enjoyed that!! Thank You!! Its a shame you dont have a live show, but I completely understand!! Great Job man.. GREAT JOB!!!:):D:D

Cracker wrote:

Pic of the static display. iPhone takes a half decent pictures:)

Thanks for my new screensaver. :):D:D:D:D:D

@+

Christian

miaskiewicz christian wrote:

Mael says the face on the left is a bad guy because of his teeth. lol

Must be because went I got home today from work, his Santa hat was blown off the roof and lying in my driveway broken.:)

Not fun....Wind had knocked some things down, but so far nothing is broken. Praying that does not happen. Your halloween display is still talked about in this house !!! Adding those santa hats was icing on the cake. Hope nothing got too smashed !!

Merry Christmas,

Denise

Cracker wrote:

miaskiewicz christian wrote:
Mael says the face on the left is a bad guy because of his teeth. lol

Must be because went I got home today from work, his Santa hat was blown off the roof and lying in my driveway broken.:)

Sorry for your hat. Here it was windy too and I had an electrical problem because my rocking dwarves sunk in the pond...
Anyway they will dry all day and I'll try this evening.

bye

Christian

Just found out that my Xmas video was on Good Morning America this morning. It already showed East Coast...West Coast will air in about an hour. LFMAO was on the show and talk about it.

Wow that's amazing! I love the display. The RGB look is amazing. I just can't fathom the cost right now. But very impressive!!!

Ok and how cool is this that you actually had LMFAO out front of your house!!!!

I feel not worthy just to be typing in the thread!

You Sir are very impressive! Merry Christmas!

GMA, again? Nice! Congrats again, Kevin. Thanks to you my CFO (aka: wife) has increased my lighting budget for next year. ;-)

~Brandon

NWSanta...you sir are very worthy. You are the ONE that let me look at one of your sequences in 2008 (10 pumpkin choir) and it helped me understand how it works. After that...things clicked. Thank You!!