Light-O-Rama Forums

How Do I Convert Timing Resolutions?

Guest guest

I started at 1/100th of a second because it had a higher resolution (more is better, right?). I find it difficult when working on the sequence to make sure I'm clicking the right box unless I have expanded the view to that point where there's only a couple of seconds on the screen.

Is there an easy way to copy the sequence from a .01 resolution to a .05 resolution and keep the correct timing?

Thanks, Roger.

rsingletary wrote:

I started at 1/100th of a second because it had a higher resolution (more is better, right?). I find it difficult when working on the sequence to make sure I'm clicking the right box unless I have expanded the view to that point where there's only a couple of seconds on the screen.

Is there an easy way to copy the sequence from a .01 resolution to a .05 resolution and keep the correct timing?

Thanks, Roger.

I can see were being at 1/100 of a second would be a problem, unfortunetly I don't believe there is a way of changing it with out messing up the work you have done on it.

All of mine are set at 1/10 of a second except sandstorm which was so fast I went 1/20 of a second becasue the song is so fast.

Bill

This is a trick off the cuff -- I didn't try it:

1. Find an empty row
  2. Turn on the first five cells (or ten, depending on what resolution you want)
  3. Select those cells, plus the next 5 (or 10) empty ones
  4. Copy to clipboard
  5. Right click the first cell, and click "paste multiple"
  6. In the "horizontally" section, select "until end of piece" and select OK
  7. Now select "delete extraneous events"

If your sequence was empty when you started, this would give you an event every .05 or .10, depending on if you used 5 or 10 above. If it's not empty, you might have some extra events in depending on the timings of your other stuff, but it should be better.

-Tim