Light-O-Rama Forums

mp3 card error in hardware utility

Guest guest

Yes, it is longer. Yes they all play in the sequence editor. But keep in mind that all the mp3's in the show will give me the same error. The only way to fix it is to run them through audacity remaking the file then it will work. However the next day if I need to change the show I must redo everthing again. A big pain.

Shawn

shawn wrote:

Yes, it is longer. Yes they all play in the sequence editor. But keep in mind that all the mp3's in the show will give me the same error. The only way to fix it is to run them through audacity remaking the file then it will work. However the next day if I need to change the show I must redo everthing again. A big pain.

Could you look at the MP3 file's properties before and after you copy it to the SD card? We use a simple copy file function and since we never see the problem, we don't know what this function might be sensitive to. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

shawn wrote:

I looked at them. What am I looking for?

Shawn
Are there any differences? We have never seen this problem so we're trying to imagine why the copy function can't see the file after the first copy.

John, I renamed the audio file as audio1 and made a new audio file and pasted all the files to it. So far so good. I have tried it 2 times and no problems. However, I am still getting the delay replaying the files in the sequence editor as I discussed with you today.

Thanks

Shawn

shawn wrote:

John, I renamed the audio file as audio1 and made a new audio file and pasted all the files to it. So far so good. I have tried it 2 times and no problems. However, I am still getting the delay replaying the files in the sequence editor as I discussed with you today.

I could be the same problem, Windows Media Player or some component of it is on a marginal part of the disk, the retries are eventually successful in getting the application up, it just takes time. If you double click a file WMP is configured to play, is there a long delay before it starts on this computer.