Light-O-Rama Forums

My First Video of...

TitanBry77

The one that got me hooked on wanting to get in to this craze. I really need to figure out how to take better video. The Flip HD just isn't cutting it.

My new favorite effect is the reverse arch leap, having all the channels lit, and then turning the channel off for the leap.

http://vimeo.com/33507885

Not sure how to embed the Vimeo video like YouTube. I had to use Vimeo on this one because YouTube blocked it due to the song.

Looks Good.

This is also the song that made me want to get into the madness.

First year and learning lots of lessons.

Let me know if you figure out the video, my videos suck, and I am using a fairly nice sony HD camera.

Having a good video tripod helps keep the camera steady. Some cameras like my Canon rebel T1i does 1080 HD at 20fps, whereas at 720 it does 30 fps. Plus the files aren't so big. Some have had better success at recording at dusk. If you can adjust exposure settings that may help to.

BTW, good job on the sequencing!

Thanks! The FlipHD just doesn't cut it for video at night. I have a good tripod also and I still felt I had to move around to catch the entire shot.

My DSLR doesn't do video, but I have a mini DVD camcorder that is a few years old, it used to be pretty good, but it's a pain to record to dvd then extract etc.