Light-O-Rama Forums

Why is the visualizer limited on Arches?

Guest guest

Okay, I've tried to use the visualizer, but it can not do my arches, they are THREE CHANNEL(s) each uisng 4 Arches (12 channels total) that are in both my Halloween and Christmas Display.

Yet the visualizer is LIMITED to 4 Channels (segments) MINIMUM, so I can't even add my Arches into the mix because the viz does not go down to 3 segments (channels) per Arch, which is what I require and need. And I KNOW I am not the only one with 3 Channel Arches.

Why was this limited to a minumum of 4? Many folks use and have 3 channel arches and I had figured the minimum count for an arch would be 3.

Sure hope the visualizer gets an upgrade and this can be rectified as trying to do a 4 channel arch for a 3 channel arch just doesn't look well or correct in the viz software. And yes, I tried using a 4 channel arch, but it just doesn't work well at all. I need a 3 channel option to make this look the way it is supposed to.

The only answer I have on 'why the limit". There is always a limit somewhere......

You can make 3 channel arches in the visualizer with the available tools it has now.

Make 6 channel/segment arches.

Make the unit id channel # the same on 2 channels/segments of the arch, therefor making it a 3 channel arch.

Oops! Sorry, I forgot about that thread. Been a while since I attempted to use the visualizer, so thought I'd give it another go.

My apologies, I didn't realize I had started a thread about this previously back on 11/9/2011. My bad.

Will try some of the suggestions over in that thread.

Guess we all end up here at some point by re-asking a question and not realizing we had already asked about it.

Usually get e-mail responses to questions I've posted and I never got anything from that thread, hence why I *forgot* it existed.