Light-O-Rama Forums

Signage for front lawn (info, time FM Channel)

Guest guest

This year is my first lor display and I am trying to figure out how to phrase the front lawn sign including:

Hours of Operations, Email, and FM Channel

For this year, I was just planning on making something in Word and laminating it.

Any feedback or pics on how people are posting theirs is appreciated!

Cheers,
Stuart

Stuart,

Welcome. Here is my sign. We added a smaller, cheapo sign that states the hours and the website address after teh first week, because people seemed confused. I will probably do a similar sign fixture for that one next year.

Dave

dark-t.jpg

I did not include the show times because I have changed it a few times since I turned on my show on November 15th. First it was from 6:00-10:00, then 5:30-10, and now 5:00-10:30. I changed it based on when it got dark and if I thought it just needed to be on more. If I could, I would probably run it all night but I don't think the neighbors would like that. I think most people will know that it will start at dusk and end at a resonable time so that you don't bother the neighbors too much.

Hobbes

DavBro wrote:

Stuart,

Welcome. Here is my sign. We added a smaller, cheapo sign that states the hours and the website address after teh first week, because people seemed confused. I will probably do a similar sign fixture for that one next year.

Dave

dark-t.jpg

Hey Dave,

Your Sign was exactly what I wanted to do at my house. Sooo, me not being too good with wood; hired my Father-In-Law to build my sign for me.

Mine, painted to match the house, looks like this:
tunetosign.jpg

Stuart,

What font did you use for your sign? I like the curls on the letters. Very festive.

NW Santa,

I like your sign. It looks like it was done by a professional.

I need to make a better sign for next year. You guys have really good ideas.

Hobbes

Hey Stuart,

I had the Coroplast sign made up at a local sign shop. Vinyl on Coro. Then back lit it with Rope light with another piece of Coro on the back to reflect forward. The effect is a nice soft sign at night.

I had my Father - in - Law construct the frame as I am useless with wood.

Lots of thoughts and ideas came directly from this site..

thanks for the comments.

-Evan

Hobbes wrote:

Stuart,

What font did you use for your sign? I like the curls on the letters. Very festive.

It is called Curlz MT (true type), not sure which software it came from as I use a lot of creative programs that install fonts.