Light-O-Rama Forums

2011 Light show

Steve Constantino

Here is 3 songs from my display. My display is different from most, so enjoy! The songs are back to back in this video.

Steve

Looks like vertical Snow Tubes around the front with RGB LED strips behind them, but what did you make the amber eve lights from? They look great (as do the other elements).

Congratulations on an original and clean looking display.

Very nice! Very well done. I love your multichannel vertical Mini Trees! So many aspects that I'd love to incorporate into my show some year.

Your RGB Star at the top of your tree is fairly beautiful as well. Presume those are CCRs?

NWSanta wrote:

Presume those are CCRs?

No. They are Color Kinetics icolor flex LMX. There are 84 pixel nodes 252 dmx channels on the star.

Steve

My Observations:

Love the tree topper movement. The typical three faceted stars that most people use always exhibit "wobble" rather than "spin" due to the viewing angle. That drives me crazy!

The vertical sequencing on the mini trees is perfect for a timed beat. Much like tapping a foot rather than distracting your eye away from the other elements.

Washes on the house form the basis of the display and the color palette you used is subtle yet effective.

I assume that is a 20' stick of truss. Did you attach the lights on the ground and then just stand the truss up?

I have always been a fan of points of light against a background of washed light. Very simple, very effective because the brain can process it.

It looks good Steve.

Charles

Charles Belcher wrote:

My Observations:

Love the tree topper movement. The typical three faceted stars that most people use always exhibit "wobble" rather than "spin" due to the viewing angle. That drives me crazy!

The vertical sequencing on the mini trees is perfect for a timed beat. Much like tapping a foot rather than distracting your eye away from the other elements.

Washes on the house form the basis of the display and the color palette you used is subtle yet effective.

I assume that is a 20' stick of truss. Did you attach the lights on the ground and then just stand the truss up?

I have always been a fan of points of light against a background of washed light. Very simple, very effective because the brain can process it.

It looks good Steve.

Charles

Thanks Charles.

It is 20' of truss, two 10ft sticks. I had a custom piece of SS made to hook the lights and star to the top of the truss. We hooked the lights and just walked the truss up.

Steve

Attached files 292795=16161-With Lights.jpg

Ken Benedict wrote:

What type of lights are used for your roof outline?

C9 incandescent clear. Every 3 lights are on there own channel.32ch total.

• The topic was locked