Light-O-Rama Forums

How the show ends

Guest guest

I know this has been covered somewhere but I can't seem to find the answer here or in the LOR support.

A show can end at exactly the time you specify (in a sense, get cut off in mid song) or a show can finish the current song it's on when it hits the show end time. Where do I set this?

timj wrote:

I know this has been covered somewhere but I can't seem to find the answer here or in the LOR support.

A show can end at exactly the time you specify (in a sense, get cut off in mid song) or a show can finish the current song it's on when it hits the show end time. Where do I set this?

I know of no option to stop a show mid-song. You have to wait for the current song/sequence to finish before the show will end.

LOR does not have the option to do this, but you can manually stop a show using a batch file. The shows running is dependent on the task LORmonitor.exe running. If you use a batch file to kill this process, the show will stop mid-song. (This is effectively the same as picking "disable" on the LOR tray.) So, killing the process LORmonitor.exe with a batch file will disable future shows from running...you need to also restart that process using the same batch file so your show will run the next day. Here is code that should work on XP if you know how to make a batch file and schedule it.

taskkill /IM LORmonitor.exe
ping 23.23.23.23
"c:Program FilesLight-O-RamaLORmonitor.exe"

Line 1 - Kills the LOR process, the show stops mid song
LIne 2 - Ping- Creates some space between killing the task and restarting it. I found the process will NOT start successfully unless you have a few seconds delay between killing the process and restarting it.
Line 3 - Restart the process LORmonitor.exe. This is effectively the same as clicking "enable" on the LORtray. Without this step, no shows will run in the future.

Use at your own risk. It's not necessarily a great idea, but it does do what you asked for.

Thanks for the tip, not a big deal though. I swear I saw that option somewhere in the LOR documentation but I must be going crazy!

I just thought of it because I have Logan's Frosty Player, which starts at an exact time, so sometimes it overlaps with the last part of my show since the song is still wrapping up.

No biggie though!

My LOR show ends after the current song (the song that started before the show's end-time). It does not continue until the end of the current show, just the end of the current song.

Jeff in Raleigh

Why wouldn't you just use the Windows task Scheduler? I have it running a Windows media playlist during my static show. When the time comes to run the animation, I kill the MediaPlayer process. Since I know the exact timing of my Musical sequence, I then reset the scheduler to start the MediaPlayer Playlist at the appropriate time.

Ex: assume a musical show length of 15 minutes; on the hour and 1/2 hour. Dusk at 4:30; Everything ends at 11:00 static display with christmas music in between musical show.

I use LOR scheduler for the light shows and windows task for the media player

4:45: "C:Program FilesWindows Media Playerwmplayer.exe" "c:my documentsmy musicmy playlistschristmas.wpl"

5:00: taskkill /IM wmplayer.exe

5:15: "C:Program FilesWindows Media Playerwmplayer.exe" "c:my documentsmy musicmy playlistschristmas.wpl"

5:30: taskkill /IM wmplayer.exe

10:45: "C:Program FilesWindows Media Playerwmplayer.exe" "c:my documentsmy musicmy playlistschristmas.wpl"

11:00: taskkill /IM wmplayer.exe

IF you wanted to add messages, you can easily record them as a playlist and put them when you want them.

MichaelC wrote:

Why wouldn't you just use the Windows task Scheduler?

[snip]

I'm not sure who you're responding to, but the batch file is intended to be run using the windows task scheduler. Otherwise, you might as well just click disable on the LOR tray. :}