Light-O-Rama Forums

edit sequence

michael spencer

michael spencer wrote:

If I change a sequence and save changes, will it automatically change in the show schedule or will I have to put the new sequence into the show schedule, hope this makes sence.

Yes, it will be fine in the show schedule, because it is simply looking to the sequence file. As long as you keep it in the same location and names EXACTLY the same, it will work fine.

Be advised, however, that the changes won't be picked up by the Show Player until the next time that show loads. If your show is looping, you'll have to shut it down and start it up again to see the changes in the sequence show up in the yard.

So, I hope this isn't considered hijacking a thread, but I know its possible to edit a sequence while the show is running (I've actually done this a few times). However, I have been careful to not play the sequence I'm editing so as to not have multiple audio streams ruining the running show.

Is it possible to control (redirect) the audio such that from the sequence editor it goes to one source (say a USB sound card) and the audio from the playing show goes to my fm broadcaster (onboard soundcard)? Since I currently only have 1 Windows computer in my home, this would open up the possibility of sequencing during the evenings, whereas right now, I'm constrained to either very late at night or weekend daytimes to sequence when the show is not running.

Galen wrote:

So, I hope this isn't considered hijacking a thread, but I know its possible to edit a sequence while the show is running (I've actually done this a few times). However, I have been careful to not play the sequence I'm editing so as to not have multiple audio streams ruining the running show.

Is it possible to control (redirect) the audio such that from the sequence editor it goes to one source (say a USB sound card) and the audio from the playing show goes to my fm broadcaster (onboard soundcard)? Since I currently only have 1 Windows computer in my home, this would open up the possibility of sequencing during the evenings, whereas right now, I'm constrained to either very late at night or weekend daytimes to sequence when the show is not running.

Windows Media Player plays the music files. If you can find a way to use two instances of Windows Media Player at the same time and redirect their sound output, then maybe.

I have no idea how to do it however.