Light-O-Rama Forums

Show problems

avery255

Well my first show went off without a hitch and I was confident that I wouldn't have any issues. That's when I left town with the Boy's to see my Raiders get spanked in Green Bay. So while I was out of town my wife calls and says the lights are not coming on so I had to explain to her how to restart the show. She has had to do it every night.

I used the simple show builder and the schedule is enabled. In order to start the show every night we have to disable show and then enable schedule again for the show to start. I'm sure its a simple fix but I'm not sure what I'm missing. Any ideas???

Thanks

Steve

I had the same problem with my show. I upgraded to the newest version of the light o rama software and that has fixed my problem. I can't remember what the newest version is right off the top of my head though. But you could start there.

Specifically what version are you using?

Does the status window say anything out of the ordinary when the show doesn't come on?

Have you tried the LOR Verifier?

bob wrote:

Specifically what version are you using?
I'm using version 3.1.2 Basic plus
Does the status window say anything out of the ordinary when the show doesn't come on?
Not sure, I haven't been home to observe the issue yet
Have you tried the LOR Verifier?
Just did the verifier and it didn't show anything about the show times...

3.1.4 is the lastest version of LOR software

EDIT: Forgot to add: It was released to fix an issue very similar as to what you are describing

JBullard wrote:

EDIT: Forgot to add: It was released to fix an issue very similar as to what you are describing

How do I get the upgrade???

avery255 wrote:

JBullard wrote:

How do I get the upgrade???

At the top of the Forums page. Important Announcements. Read thread re sotware update 3.1.4

tcharvey wrote:

I was having similar problems, I needed to turn on the power save function and screen saver for my computer. You may want to check those items as well if you haven't already.

turn ON?, or OFF?

What you mentioned should be turned OFF!

avery255 wrote:

Well my first show went off without a hitch and I was confident that I wouldn't have any issues. That's when I left town with the Boy's to see my Raiders get spanked in Green Bay. So while I was out of town my wife calls and says the lights are not coming on so I had to explain to her how to restart the show. She has had to do it every night.

I used the simple show builder and the schedule is enabled. In order to start the show every night we have to disable show and then enable schedule again for the show to start. I'm sure its a simple fix but I'm not sure what I'm missing. Any ideas???

Thanks

Steve

Try upgrading your software ... and ditching the raiders

I had similar problems, and the schedule would go goofy etc. It was strange because it ran for a few days with no issues then out of nowhere started acting up.

I upgraded to 3.1.4 and it's been almost a week of smooth sailing.

I'm glad I came across this, I've had weird issues trying to get a show to start and wouldn't. I figured I was doing something wrong, and haven't had time to explore more about it. I'm not sure which V3 software is on the show machine, but I'll get it upgraded.