Light-O-Rama Forums

Pole properties

redsea300

I have 8 channel vertical poles drawn. How to I change it to make each channel 2 colors. Under fixture properties say for channel one it is white, how do I add a second color to that channel.
Thanks in advance
Don C.

Each channel has to have its own color. You can't have two different colors on the same channel unless you want BOTH colors to be on at the same time. Each color MUST be assigned it's own channel. IE. Unit 01 Channel 1 would be RED, Unit 01 Channel 2 would be White, Unit 01 Channel 3 would be Blue. This is how you control the different colors independantly of each other.

If you put all three of those colors on Unit 01 Channel 1, anytime channel 1 would come on, all 3 colors, red, white and blue would light at the same time. So you need seperat a seperate channel for each color you want to use. If you have 8 colors on a pole, that would require 8 seperate channels to control each color independantly of each other.

Hope that explains it. Again, you can't have 2 seperate colors on one channel and control them seperately, you can have 2 colors on one channel, but they will always light together, not independantly.

DonFL wrote:

I believe he is referring to doing this in the visualizer...

Doesn't the visualizer require the same type setup as a physical controller to emulate the different colors on a pole as it plays and shows you what is happening?

I still use the animation window, haven't really gotten the hang of that visualizer yet. And is why I asked about the visuallizer above.

Plus the visualizer can't do 3 channel arches either. That needs to be fixed! I have four (4) 3-channel arches in both my Halloween and Christmas Display, yet the visualizer doesn't go anything less than 4 channels(segments) for Arches. And I know I'm not the only one using 3 channel arches!

When you double click on the "fixture" the fixture properties box will open up. At the bottom of the box there is a grid called assigned channels. Add a channel for your second color. This is the short answer.

Orville

Plus the visualizer can't do 3 channel arches either.  That needs to be fixed!  I have four (4) 3-channel arches in both my Halloween and Christmas Display, yet the visualizer doesn't go anything less than 4 channels(segments) for Arches.  And I know I'm not the only one using 3 channel arches!

3 Posts. That's a trifecta from November!
http://forums.lightorama.com/forum77/29448.html

Guest wbottomley

redsea300 wrote:

I have 8 channel vertical poles drawn. How to I change it to make each channel 2 colors. Under fixture properties say for channel one it is white, how do I add a second color

I can't help but to put my mind in the gutter! :shock:;)

Thanks for the advice, both good and sarcastic. I figured it out. I drew a new one, it was easier. I drew a string with 2 colors size 12 and square. Then I stacked 8 total on top of each other then added a single bulb shaped 5 point star. Converted all to make a new fixture. Now I have my 17 Channel North pole.
Thanks again
Don C.