Light-O-Rama Forums

We did it! We did it! We did it!

bft_vabeach

First night...wow! How cool! I didn't think it would get here...but wow!
Thanks to everyone out on these forums for all your help and advice. I've spent tons of time reading out the posts and I tell ya if you need to know something or need a little nudge to keep moving, the folks out here are just great!

A few cars have sat and watched and beeped their horn. I can hear kids giggling and everyone having a good time. Pretty cool! I feel like its Academy Award night... or something pretty awesome anyway!

Thanks again!

Congrats indeed! I'll bet it was worth all the work and aggravation and worry to stand there and watch it all come to life, wasn't it? You gonna do it all again next year?

This is my second year with twice the channels and more than double the lights and enjoying it 4x more. Last night I qued up all my slower songs to video record them when I thought it would be quiet outside, there was a dad with his two kids watching. I offered to put on some faster songs, but they said it was fine. They stayed for a few songs. Since the lights are more popular this year, next year I will start collecting donations. Seeing all the people enjoying the lights really helps motivate you to get through the grunt work.

LORi P wrote:

Congrats, Melanie!

I am a newbie, too, so I know how good that feels. :) :)

Thank you! :D It is just really awesome! Congratulations to you too! I see you have a website already going as well..that's terrific! I need to get out and get some pics/video but I think for tonight I'll just enjoy:)

George Simmons wrote:

Congrats indeed!  I'll bet it was worth all the work and aggravation and worry to stand there and watch it all come to life, wasn't it?  You gonna do it all again next year?

Yes it was all worth it... for absolute certain! I have learned so much...rather amazing what all this "little" hobby can teach you :D

I pretty sure I'm hooked for life! :)

Congrats to all of the newbies who got their first shows going for the Christmas season. I still remember mine. It really gives you a feeling of accomplishment knowing YOU actually "made it come to life".
Again, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Don McBride