Light-O-Rama Forums

No ethernet to usb adapter

grandmanuel

I got my 16 channel controller but I did not order the ethernet to usb converter. I went to Fry's to get an adapter but apparently I bought the wrong type of converter. Is this something I can by at Fry's Electronics? Online it says I have to wait 1-2 weeks for delivery so I was hoping this was something I could pick up. Los Angeles, CA

LOR does not use Ethernet. It uses CAT5 cable which is most often used for Ethernet. LOR does RS485 over the CAT5 cable. You should go ahead and order the converter from LOR.

grandmanuel wrote:

I got my 16 channel controller but I did not order the ethernet to usb converter. I went to Fry's to get an adapter but apparently I bought the wrong type of converter. Is this something I can by at Fry's Electronics? Online it says I have to wait 1-2 weeks for delivery so I was hoping this was something I could pick up. Los Angeles, CA
have you tried www.wowlights.com? If LOR is on backorder then these folks might have one and could fedex it or there in Chino California so you might be able to pick it up.