Light-O-Rama Forums

SimpleIO and DIO

Guest guest

In my first test of a Measurement Computing DIO card, I connected the output of a pin to the input of a SimpleIO 4 channel Triac card. When I use the LOR Hardware utility the logic is backwards. When I refresh the card, all the outputs from the Triac board go high. Then if I select a pin and choose high I turn the channel off.

Anyone know an easy fix that doesn't include inverting the outputs of the board with some type of buffer? I am using the +5v pin from the DIO board to power the SimpleIO card. I'm guessing that the traces on the Triac board should have the low tied together, and get the highs from the logic pins. But I think they're just the opposite. Could it be as simple as reworking the cards by scratching traces and using some jumpers to swap the logic? Or am I missing something easier?

Any input would be appreciated...

Thanks,

jeff

Jeff,

Unfortunatly the use of inverted logic seems common on triac boards and SSR boards.

Looking at the pin-outs for the Opto, it may be possible to cut the trigger traces and the +5v lines and reconnect them in a way to make the board use non-inverted logic.

you would have to cut all of the traces that are currently being used to trigger each channel and tie them to ground.

you would then have to cut the trace carrying +5v to each opto and connect it so that each opto is fed +5v individually instead of as a group

would take a bit of work, but should be possible.

As a side note, it would be nice if the LOR software allowed you to configure each DIO channel as to whether it was inverting or non-inverting logic.

Edit to add: I'm fairly close to you in Southern NJ. Just let me know if you need any assistance. I might be able to stop by and lend a hand.

Thanks for the info. I scrached the traces for the common +5v and soldered the inputs to each of the traces. Then I tied all the trigger inputs together and grounded them. Now a high output from the LOR utility turns a channel on. I didn't think the fix would be too hard, just needed a kick in the right direction...

Thank You,

jeff