Light-O-Rama Forums

Parkside Christmas 2011 - w/ Digital Pixel Megatree!

GaryMartin

Here's an early taste of what this year's show looks like with the new digital pixel tree!

The show is LOR S3 controlled, linked to a Madrix PC via DMX. The digital pixel tree is running Sandevices E680 SPI controllers, 150 amps of 5vdc power using streaming ACN from the Madrix PC to them.

I love the mix of Glowing dots on your arches. Are those D3 Fireflies? I can't remember if that's what they are called. May I ask what a pixel tree is???
Your display looks amazing!

Evan

NWSanta wrote:

I love the mix of Glowing dots on your arches. Are those D3 Fireflies? I can't remember if that's what they are called. May I ask what a pixel tree is???
Your display looks amazing!

Evan

Evan, yes the glowing dots on the arches are D-light FireFlis.

The Pixel Tree is what makes those unique things on the megatree. The scrolling text, the waves of red in the Krypton intro, the fireworks at the end of Sarajevo. 2,016 RGB LED pixels, each one individually controlled. (Yes, that's 6,048 channels just for that) :)

Great display. Litter your yard with mothballs to get rid of the rabbit. I've had problems with one this year too. Since I put out the mothballs, haven't seen it since, anywhere.

scubado wrote:

Great display. Litter your yard with mothballs to get rid of the rabbit. I've had problems with one this year too. Since I put out the mothballs, haven't seen it since, anywhere.

Thanks Jim, I will certainly give the mothballs a try!

Awesome display! Are the firesticks on the same channels as the arches? In some places it looked like they were and in other places it didn't but it got me to wondering what it would look like if I made some and put them on the same channels as my arches. I also love the snowmen!

Linda wrote:

Awesome display!  Are the firesticks on the same channels as the arches?  In some places it looked like they were and in other places it didn't but it got me to wondering what it would look like if I made some and put them on the same channels as my arches. I also love the snowmen!

What I call "Bellagio poles" and Chuck H insists are "Firesticks" are on their own controller in our display. :D One AC16 for each pole. The white lights on the arches are two arches to each AC16.

• The topic was locked