Light-O-Rama Forums

Cyberlink Power Director

thevikester

This software got rave reviews...but I'll be darned If I Can synch the music with the video, I don't seem to be able to find an easy way to do so...if anyone uses this software, please let me know, so I can ease my mind a bit, I 'm about to use the movie make live on windows, which is basic but perhaps I should stick with basic.

I have/use it. I really like it.

Put your video in the "master video track"

Put your audio in the "music track 1"

Adjust the position of the audio til it match the video.

If you need to do any trimming on the 'master video track' make sure you lock the audio track or it will also trim the audio.

I use it also, same as Paul, just manually trim it, and you can match the sound.

You can also turn off the main sound from the video by clicking on the icon near the timeline. I do that when I have matched it up correctly, then turn off the main audio on the master track.

Paul Roberson wrote:

If you need to do any trimming on the 'master video track' make sure you lock the audio track or it will also trim the audio.

When you say lock the audio track, are you talking the audio track of the video, or the audio track as in the Music track?? Thx for your input

thevikester wrote:

Paul Roberson wrote:

When you say lock the audio track, are you talking the audio track of the video, or the audio track as in the Music track?? Thx for your input

The audio track that you put in the music track. If you don't lock it while you are trimming the video it (the audio you are trying to add) could get trimmed also.

The audio track of the video can be silenced or even removed if need be.

I'm going to have to try lining up the audio in Power Director again. Currently I'm only using it to reformat the video so I can work with in Windows Movie Maker.

When I use Movie Maker I slide the mp3 around until the echo goes away. It works great for making sure the dubbed audio is perfectly aligned. But when I tried this in Power Director a couple weeks ago, I couldn't hear the echo. I gave up pretty quick, but I'm thinking it would only play one audio source at a time in the preview.

rwertz wrote:

I'm going to have to try lining up the audio in Power Director again. Currently I'm only using it to reformat the video so I can work with in Windows Movie Maker.

When I use Movie Maker I slide the mp3 around until the echo goes away. It works great for making sure the dubbed audio is perfectly aligned. But when I tried this in Power Director a couple weeks ago, I couldn't hear the echo. I gave up pretty quick, but I'm thinking it would only play one audio source at a time in the preview.

You can adjust the volume of each, the music track, and the video track audio...as my video audio is low, I crank that up, being video taped across the street

rwertz wrote:

In the small preview window at the right top there are two buttons "Clip", "movie". If "Clip" is selected you will only hear one of the audio files. (which ever one is highlighted). To hear both audio files make sure "movie" is selected.

Paul Roberson wrote:

In the small preview window at the right top there are two buttons "Clip", "movie". If "Clip" is selected you will only hear one of the audio files. (which ever one is highlighted). To hear both audio files make sure "movie" is selected.

Thanks Paul, I'll have to give that a try tonight.

Well after some trial and error figuring out a few other settings I finally got a HD video exported directly out of PowerDirector in the wee hours this morning. Thanks everyone.

• The topic was locked