Light-O-Rama Forums

Music Sequence

KHenry1319

I am new to all of this, received my 16 channel set last week and was blown away with the connections, software etc. I managed to test and got some channels working. I started playing around with the sequence editor, imported an mp3 and all.

My question is... approx how much time have you guys spent putting musical sequences together? Any tips and tricks? Are 'pre-made' musical sequences available?

I am running out of time :( and my wife is running out of patience :)

KHenry1319 wrote:

Thanks Evan! This is great stuff!

So a year huh? My goodness! I guess I will shoot for 1 song this year! :) Do you have pics of your display?

it just not one sequence, and it not alot of time. maybe 2 hours on the weekend. I'll start one, than start another. than go back to the first one. sometimes when I doing it, I get stuck at one part and have to listen to it a couple of more time. to think what it's going to look like in my yard.

here's a bad video. my dogs unplugged a few cords running thru the yard.

http://vimeo.com/33133798

I started with 16 channels this year. the first thing is to imagine what you would like to see and how your display will be setup. I'm a newbie this year also. I sequenced 20 songs in about 2 weeks, probably 1 hour per minute of music. I then went to 32 channels total and spent another 2 weeks revamping. Timings and ideas were already in place, so I just reconfigured with a lot of copy and paste. Next year , I will have to start all over with 64 channels. I actually have next year's display planned. I have a few props to build and a lot of lights to buy, but I'm already starting sequencing for next year.Once you get the hang of the program, it starts going a lot smoother.
Welcome to our gift in lights world and good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

i dont have a clue either but i jumped in...read...asked some questions and even seq'd the first 25 seconds of jaws in 2 hours....on only 4 channels. lol. i thought it was awesome. my wife was less impressed. but still...it's a goal to keep moving up.