Light-O-Rama Forums

Our RGB Christmas Light Show 2011 Good Feeling (FloRider)

ChristmasCanada

This is our RGB and CCR display.
Thanks to Kevin (Cracker) for all the help with our display

I had very little time for sequencing this year changing over to mostly RGB lights.

Sorry for the crappy quality video:(

Dave H1 wrote:

Great Start !!

Can you share what type of lights and controllers ???

Basic RGB 5050 strips with LOR DC controllers. I also have 2 CCRs

Are you using something like this?

http://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Changing-SMD5050-Lighting-2038kit/dp/B006JI8LT4/ref=sr_1_19?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1323438347&sr=1-19

Wanting to get into the RGB thing, but dont need CCR type stuff yet. Thinking of using these around windows next year.

I would like to see how this is setup, controllers vs the software, I have 24 fixtures I think this would be nice to see on. I was going to do 3 colors but for a similar cost if I can do 16 million why not?

imawlkr2 wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Changing-SMD5050-Lighting-2038kit/dp/B006JI8LT4/ref=sr_1_19?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1323438347&sr=1-19

Wanting to get into the RGB thing, but dont need CCR type stuff yet. Thinking of using these around windows next year.

I would like to do something like this as well. Hopefully these would work, its a good price.

imawlkr2 wrote:

Yes... That's the strips I'm using. They seem to be holding up to the cold temps and snow so far.

MikeA wrote:

could you link the LOR controller you are using?

I'm using the LOR CMB16D DC controllers. Each controller gives you 5 channels of RGB . You can put multiple strips on one channel with the proper power supply.

• 4 weeks later...

I totally missed this...just happen to find it looking for something else. Good Job!

My wife wanted me to use this song. Wish I would had time.

Cracker wrote:

I totally missed this...just happen to find it looking for something else. Good Job!

My wife wanted me to use this song. Wish I would had time.

Thanks Kevin.. I wish I had more time for sequencing this year. I've ordered 10 more 5050 strips and plan on getting several more CCRs/Dream color strips for Halloween/Christmas display this year.

Thanks again for all the help with my RGB setup.

ChristmasCanada wrote:

MikeA wrote:

I'm using the LOR CMB16D DC controllers. Each controller gives you 5 channels of RGB . You can put multiple strips on one channel with the proper power supply.

if i understand this correctly i can use the LOR CMB16 DC board and controll 5 seperate RGB strips without the use of a DMX module, is that correct?

will that controller simply daisy chain in wirh the rest of my PC CTB16PC controllers, i realize that i need a power supply.

if not can you please diagram or explain what it is that i need.

i'm trying to get into the rgb so i dont have to pull multiple strings of twinkle lights, besides the fact of how clean it appears.

joefrick wrote:

ChristmasCanada wrote:
MikeA wrote:

if i understand this correctly i can use the LOR CMB16 DC board and controll 5 seperate RGB strips without the use of a DMX module, is that correct?

will that controller simply daisy chain in wirh the rest of my PC CTB16PC controllers, i realize that i need a power supply.

if not can you please diagram or explain what it is that i need.

i'm trying to get into the rgb so i dont have to pull multiple strings of twinkle lights, besides the fact of how clean it appears.

Correct each controller can run 5 RGB strips, you need to add power, they do use the LOR network cables to daisy chain as many as your license allows.

any suggestions as to what power supplies are available?
the strips im looking at are 12 volt, its says 2amps per color. ill probably need about 20-5 meter "dumb" RGB Strips i would spread that over 2 DC controllers

I was able to buy 5 amp power supplies from Canadian Tire. The power supplies are used for mobile coolers and only cost 25.00 each. I was able to run roughly 8 16f strips off (2) 5 amp power supplies with no problems.

Wu's Aliexpress sells controllers I believe for $19 plus shipping? It might have been a sale though, but that's pretty cheap, especially if you have to buy several!

• The topic was locked