Light-O-Rama Forums

Channels

Mark Porter

Added another 16 channels this year and maxed out the channels on the sequences I have. Buying another unit and the upgraded license to get to 48 for next year . How will I get the additional 16 to show up so I can program them?

By the by... My display is the hit of the neighborhood this year and i'm already planning for next year. I see things I didn't do correctly and know how to rectify them. More lights! More channels! More everything!

Guest Don Gillespie

Mark Porter wrote:

Added another 16 channels this year and maxed out the channels on the sequences I have. Buying another unit and the upgraded license to get to 48 for next year . How will I get the additional 16 to show up so I can program them?

By the by... My display is the hit of the neighborhood this year and i'm already planning for next year. I see things I didn't do correctly and know how to rectify them. More lights! More channels! More everything!

glad your disdplay is a hit, when you add controllers all you really are doing is making your existing sequences bigger, so open your old sequence add controllers and then start copying and pasting or resequencing and there you have it. 16 channels is a lot of work but by adding contollers it gets even more exciting and more labor intensive have fun.

How will I get the additional 16 to show up so I can program them?

Do you mean how to get 16 additional channel rows to show up in the Sequence Editor?

If so, there are several ways. For example, right-click on a channel button, and a popup menu will open. On it will be a few submenus that you could use to add new channels to the sequence, such as "Insert Device", "Insert Channels", and "Insert RGB Channels".

Another option would be to use the Channel Configuration screen ("Tools" / "Channel Configuration", or, in older versions of the software, "Tools" / "Channel Property Grid"). There are "Add Channels" and "Add Controller" buttons on that screen.

Be sure and add the channels at the bottom of your current sequence and assign the unit number and any other information you want to the new channels. You can then save the configuration by exporting it. Open another sequence, import the new configuration and the new channels will be there. I did that this year for 32 new channels and a CCR.