Light-O-Rama Forums

Light-O-Rama Mentor

Guest guest

My sweet partner and I (both females!) would like to buy a light-o-rama for next year. We are both "electricity" illitarate - but SHE is very good "analyitically" and I am very good "Computer" wise.

She will not let me buy it until we understand all aspects of it - electricity wise and exactly what needs to be done. She'd prefer to go to someone's house and SEE their setup and have someone explain it all to us.

Is there anyone here who would be willing to take me under their wing and really help me for next years Christmas? RichardH? :) :} :D

Thank you in advance -

Randi
IN WASHINGTON STATE

I am more than willing to help.

This was my first year and I started in July and I have learned a lot and I can share what I have learned through this process.

Before you get any "LOR" Equipment, you need to know how many lights you are going to have and figure out how much power this is going to consume. My display uses 10 circuits and consumes about 150 amps of power.

Are you looking to "start from scratch" or animate what you already have in the yard?

My sweet partner and I (both females!) would like to buy a light-o-rama for next year. We are both "electricity" illitarate - but SHE is very good "analyitically" and I am very good "Computer" wise.

She will not let me buy it until we understand all aspects of it - electricity wise and exactly what needs to be done. She'd prefer to go to someone's house and SEE their setup and have someone explain it all to us.

Is there anyone here who would be willing to take me under their wing and really help me for next years Christmas? RichardH? :) :} :D

Thank you in advance -

Randi
IN WASHINGTON STATE

Ill be learning with you, I just started learning about lor 3 days ago. These froums are a wonderful flace to learn.

Do you have a computer your willing to have dedicated to this?

Do you know if your going to use a FM radio bradcaster to let people tune to your music (if you use music). If you dont use a FM bradcaster then you will ned to put speakers outside and your nearby houses may get sick of the same songs playing every night.

How many channles do you want? the more channles the more fun you can have with the show, but im starting out with 16.

good luck :)

You can add me to the list of people willing to help. this is my second year and am having a blast with it. How ever I will tell you this. Once you start you can't stop.

just PM me I'll do my best to answer your questions. sorry my display is not closer to you.