Light-O-Rama Forums

A rather personal question I Guess

beeiilll

Thanks again fellow lighters for the thoughts and advice.

After at least a few hours sleep last night I feel a little more in control this morning.
Well at least I don't feel like I am at the end of the rope (at least not yet anyway), so there is a bit of a brighter day today.

I certainly can't let things get me to give up without a good fight anyway!

Sometimes things just get piled up so high we don't see the forest for the trees and feel like there is just no way out. I have been feeling that for a while now and it is certainly a terrible, lonely, and debilitating feeling.

The heck with that. I'm going to find a way out of this and make things work for me!

Bill

I neglected to mention that I too have been there and done that. That is why we are so frugal today. You can catch Dave's show on SirriusXM and it is avaialble in most markets on the radio as well. Real people with real problems calling in getting sound, real advise. Give it a listen and you will be amazed what the real world economy is all about.

Hi Bill, Sorry to hear about your troubles. First like everyone says take care of you and then the house. Don't worry about Credit Card debt.
I am a General Contractor and it has been horrible. I got into Credit Card debt a couple of years ago. 25k in the hole. I got a hold of ClearPoint Finical. They are a debt consolidation company. They were able to reduce my interest and monthly payment. I make one payment to them and they handle the rest. I am out of debt now. They were a god send.
Good Luck and keep your spirits high it will help your outlook.
Don C.

Bill,

You have my utmost respect in sharing your pain with us here on the forum. Like many have said, one step at a time and work thru it. There are better ways than bankruptcy. I know I have done the research.

Start with the Better Business Bureau and find a reputable lawyer or company in your area that deals with debt resolution. They negotiate on your behalf with the credit companies to settle your debt and not file bankruptcy. Most companies will work with you as long as you talk to them.

Take care of yourself too so your family will have you to take care of them for years to come.

Ed