Light-O-Rama Forums

A funny thing happened last Sunday night

scubado

Sunday night I had a couple friends over to see the show. During the show I'm noticing an element being on when it's not supposed to be. And I remember seeing it before. Starting the forth song and my daughter shows up with her boyfriend and his parents to watch the show. I'm so focused on trying to figure out why this element turns on at weird times that during the fourth song I realize half my lights aren't working! I run to the basement(control center) and my 12V power supply isn't working. I unplug it, wait a few seconds and plug it in, nothing(insert profanities here). I try to reset it again and still no go. They end up watching the rest of the show as is and head home. I plugged the supply back in after the show and it powers up. Apparently the rain we had over the weekend caused some issue to overload the supply. So tonight I find time to review the sequences for errors, I thought I maybe switched a couple channel by mistake, but I found no errors in the sequence. So then I tried the Verifier for the first time. I didn't have any channel errors, but it did lead me to the culprit, ME, my own worst enemy! I had an annimation in the animation tab that should have been in the startup tab, so it was looping an annimation along with the musical sequences. Doh!

I had a 1 min annimation sequence to give me time to get outside and join the party or setup my camera before the music starts. I had put the sequence under the annimation tab instead of the startup tab. If you have an annimation sequence under the annimation tab and a Musical sequence under the musical tab, the show will play them both together and mess up your show unless you planned it to work that way. If you want mix annimation and musical together in one show in order and not together, you can do that. List all your sequences under the musical tab. To add an annimation sequence, click on the '+' button. The musicals will display, select the down arrow in the box for file types and select either annimation or all files. This will then list your annimations to to be able to add to your show list.

One other note, when you add a sequence to the startup tab, that sequence will play first and will only play once. Whereas if I put the 60 sec sequence first under the musical tab with the songs, when the show is done and there's time remaining in the session it will go back to the beginning of the show which is the 60 sec sequence.