Light-O-Rama Forums

lights layout

swoop10

This is my first year doing a 16 channel LOR display on my new house and i am looking for advise on layout of my lights. I have put up close to 10,000 led lights and purchased the sequences from WOW and LOR, my display looks too busy, its kinda all over the place, any help. I started left to right meaning channel #1 is all the way to the left of the house if your looking at it and 16 on far right side. is this right?

Hey I'm new too....

From everything I've read, the standard layout(s) for shared or purchased sequences suggests groupings of 4.....

Guest Don Gillespie

swoop10 wrote:

This is my first year doing a 16 channel LOR display on my new house and i am looking for advise on layout of my lights. I have put up close to 10,000 led lights and purchased the sequences from WOW and LOR, my display looks too busy, its kinda all over the place, any help. I started left to right meaning channel #1 is all the way to the left of the house if your looking at it and 16 on far right side. is this right?

there is no real rule set in stone on how to lay out your channels, but you are on the right track, have you looked at the tutorials? some guys like to go left to right and visa versa, its your display so if you like it who cares what others think, we are not competing against each other we are just trying to help each other , maybe you could take a short video and let us see it that way we can help out even more. :P

Personally, I like the "busy" look. Adds a bit of "WOW factor" to the display. The guests aren't complaining (the neighbors...that's another story :) )

Tom Straub

I run everything Red, Green Blue and White...so at the minimum in groups of 4

IE...each of 9 Mini Trees has 4 channels (RGBW - 36 Channles), Mega Tree has 10 quadrants with each having RGBW (40 Channels), etc...

I place my Controllers where I will use the least amount of extension cord length...

So each controller may be operating several different elements and not necessarily the whole element (maybe just Red and Green) and another controller the Blue and white...just depends on your layout...

First year I put the controllers in my garage...but that used waaay too much extension cords...

• 4 weeks later...

Tom,

Your Dueling Jingle Bells is Awesome. Can you share the sequence?

Gary Mahaffey
"16 Channeler"
Proud Okie living in Texas.

The premade sequences are usually groups of 4 and side to side left or right is up to you. As for busy its becuase you have for example channel 1 is created to be next to channel 2, which you may for example have on the exact opposite of where it should be. The best thing in my opinion other than reprogramming them is.

1 setup your lights
2 figure out where your channels will lay out
3 edit the sequence to be more organized with that lay out (move channels around or just alter them all together)
4 test
5 enjoy

Other than that you can always build from scratch. Its time consuming but the benefit is when you see it in action it was your own design, time, and effort.

Good luck and dont forget theres huge resources for free 16 channel setup, and tons of pages to read to make sense of the software!

OkieCrude wrote:

Tom,

Your Dueling Jingle Bells is Awesome. Can you share the sequence?

Gary Mahaffey
"16 Channeler"
Proud Okie living in Texas.

Not sure as I'm a true Texacan. Oh, what the heck. PM me your e-mail. :P It is for a lot more channels tho.

Tom Straub