Light-O-Rama Forums

2011 Christmas Light Show opener

TJ Hvasta

2011 Show opener. Clark..dedicating.. 208ch, I initially miscounted the lights, somehow I came up with abt 14,000, but there's more than that with the mega and minitrees and midi arches.. 23,300 at last count and I still have abt 8,000-10,000 more lights to set out.. Guess I shudda studying more math than english :) I hope you enjoy these.

TJ Hvasta wrote:

2011 Show opener. Clark..dedicating.. 208ch, I initially miscounted the lights, somehow I came up with abt 14,000, but there's more than that with the mega and minitrees and midi arches.. 23,300 at last count and I still have abt 8,000-10,000 more lights to set out.. Guess I shudda studying more math than english :) I hope you enjoy these.

I love it! I hope you don't mind if I steal your idea. I have the mp3 and would like to make my own sequence similar to yours. Thanks!

Thanks Paul =)

Sedg, no problem, I patterned mine after the ones I saw already on YT. I posted a couple of the Opener versions in the Software/Sequencing subtopic, there's the one you just watched and another version thats was editted more, with Clark's grunting as he connects the extensions.

Don, thats actually a single wrap of 100ct minis spaced across the 48" pipe (36" footprint), nine mini arches plugged into ch's 2 & 7 of the bigger archs. I will either be adding two more wraps (total of 3 channels then) at the end of the week or... the bigger arches are 8 channels, so I thot of making the mini arches sleeved 4 channels to mirror the bigger ones (or go opposite)

Thanks guys! My wife busts out laffing each and every time she sees the Clark Dedication opener. Giggles uncontrollably which is my favorite sound!

Wud Up Teege!?!?! Nice job sir!!! The wife and I will be heading out your way, hopefully sometime this week! Can't wait to see it it person!!!:D:D

Kewl John! Looking forward ta seein' you again! Diane and I were thinking of some welded wireframes for next year.. 'may contract some for you! Maybe Saturday we hope to get out with a list of other users homes to see their lights!

• The topic was locked