Light-O-Rama Forums

Using Twinkle With Tapper Wizard

dkoehler42

My brother is using the Tapper Wizard and he's trying to get it to twinkle as opposed to just on. Short of moving the timing down to .10, is there a way to convert the ON to Twinkle/Shimmer?

While I'm not a pro with the Tapper, I don't see any options other than either placing a timing mark or placing an on command with a fade down for each tap. (PM Evana - if anyone knows how to do it better it would be him.) I think he's going to have to place timing marks with the Tapper and then do the twinkle manually where he wants it.

I appreciate the quick follow up from my fellow night owl. At the risk of being a newb, what exactly are timing marks and how does one use them? I'm not a fan of the wizards as I'm never quick enough.

A timing mark is what defines the length of a cell. You use them to determine when to begin and/or end a lighting command.

You could use the Tapper Wizard to turn the appropriate cells on, and then use the Twinkle tool with Foreground Effects mode to change those cells to twinkles.

See this page for information on Foreground Effects mode.

Bob, we're familiar with how to add twinkle, but he's got parts of cells filled, and doesn't want to make a third of a cell a complete cell by making it twinkle. That is the rub.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but again, I suggest using Foreground Effects mode. It makes the current tool only apply to the parts of the selection that are not off.

So if he's got a bunch of "On" effects, and a bunch of "Off" effects, using Twinkle with Foreground Effects will cause that to change to a bunch of "Twinkle" effects and a bunch of "Off" effects.

An example video of using foreground and background effects can be found here.