Light-O-Rama Forums

Our 2nd year static display

bbrownderville

My wife and I have only lived in our house for just over a year. Last Christmas, we didn't get to put out many lights because of being newly weds, but this year, I decided to start at it. I had not planned on going to LOR until about a month ago, so that will come next year..I am up to 5200 lights, most of which was purchased this year. I am looking to get some mini trees added to the front of the house, and possibly some other decorations in the yard. I think my parents may donate since they don't really decorate their house since I have moved out. I am by far the brightest house in our neighborhood.

Attached files 288936=15997-380824_2481988242198_1027320044_2694404_1407842933_n.jpg

Very nice! Once you decorate others will follow. I was out running though the neighborhoods and its amazing how people decorate. I would go down one street with lights on all houses and round a corner and not a single light on the whole street. This continued the whole way. I am at my house year number two and my neighbors have put out many more likes than last year so I like to think I am inspringing others.

Me neighbors on either side of me have no lights at all. All three houses directly across the street have lights though. One just has some lighted reindeer, another has a bunch of multifunction mini lights all over his house(it drives me crazy cause there is no order to it), and another one has a pretty nice set up. It just has a lot less lights then me. I am looking to start with 16 to 32 channels. It all depends on how much money I can save for next year.

• 4 weeks later...

I need to get a quick video of this tonight before I start tearing it down tomorrow. I ended up adding just a few more things. Next year, along with controllers, I plan to add more yard decorations.

• The topic was locked