Light-O-Rama Forums

My Static 2011 Christmas Display

ShaggySS

After some crazy winds the past week here in California I finally got my lights up. I am right around 15,000 lights this year up 5000 from last year. Turned out pretty good I think saddly the pictures don't do it justice. I should add a picture of my neighbors house so you can really see how bright it is.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG
800 LED mini tree

My display is static this year but I hope to add LOR to it in the coming years. I added mini trees this year which will give me something to sequence to but they are much larger than most of the mini trees I have seen so next year I think I will line the front of the lawn with 1 to 2 ft mini trees and have a little fun with the sequencing.

Nice! I like it.

Are those snowflakes inside the windows upstairs? I bet the light up the place inside.

I can see some of the neighbors lights in the background in a couple pictures. LOL. Looks like your lights would drown theirs out.:cool:

Paul Roberson wrote:

Are those snowflakes inside the windows upstairs? I bet the light up the place inside.

My kids no longer need nightlights. We'll that and we decorated their house too.
9.JPG

I just noticed they plugged back in the nightlights. Oh well

Aaron Maue wrote:

How large are the minis? Many of us use the 32" tomato cages to build ours. Myself included.

They were 46 inch cages when I bought them but they seemed too big so I cut off the bottom run which in theory should make them about 35 inches. Though with such a small front yard I could get a lot more smaller mini trees in a smaller space.

scubado wrote:
Is that a bunk bed or upper play area? Looks really cool.

I wish my kids rooms were that clean.

Bunk bed, full on bottom twin on top. This is the sleeping room the other room is the play room and trust me it is ugly, it has a door thankfully.

Kevin Holcomb wrote:
Man, that is a really classy display. You have obviously put alot of thought and energy into it. Nicely done!

Year 5 and each year it gets bigger. At my old place I had a neighbor similar to most LOR people here. He just went all out on Christmas. We nick named him the Griswold House and we’ll I am competitive so I did what any other person with free time and a love for little twinkly lights would do.
Now I am finding myself running out of places to put lights. I have about 4000 light still in the boxes from last year 75% of score. My wife suggested the lamp pole so I might take that up, I figure it’s on my front yard so fair game right? My thought was to get a 1 PVC pipe paint it black and attach a string to the top then mount the PVC around back of the light pole to hold the lights up. Then convince the kids to run around the light pole with a string of lights a hundred or so times.

• The topic was locked