Light-O-Rama Forums

Controller not working

Guest guest

I'm brand new at this and having some difficulty.

The LED in the unit was solid yesterday, today it stays solid when the Hardware utility is open, once it's closed the LED starts to blink.

Once I do get a solid, and create an animation are the lights supposed to react when I play it from the editor or does something else have to be done, because I couldn't get it to work when the light was solid yesterday.

Thank you for your time.

Jim

In your sequence you will need to define that channel is controlled by each row in the sequence editor. This is done by clicking the label on the far left and then defining the controller as LOR and the unit and channel number.

You can only have ONE of the following running at a time. Sequence editor, hardware utility or the show.

Give those a try and check back if still having problems.

Please add to your profile your location so that maybe someone local can help you in the future if need be.

Chuck

JimB wrote:

I'm brand new at this and having some difficulty.

The LED in the unit was solid yesterday, today it stays solid when the Hardware utility is open, once it's closed the LED starts to blink.

Once I do get a solid, and create an animation are the lights supposed to react when I play it from the editor or does something else have to be done, because I couldn't get it to work when the light was solid yesterday.

Thank you for your time.

Jim

Hi, If you did not read it yet, check the Quick Start Guide on the top of the support page at www.lightorama.com/support.html

cmoore wrote:

In your sequence you will need to define that channel is controlled by each row in the sequence editor. This is done by clicking the label on the far left and then defining the controller as LOR and the unit and channel number.

You can only have ONE of the following running at a time. Sequence editor, hardware utility or the show.

Give those a try and check back if still having problems.

Please add to your profile your location so that maybe someone local can help you in the future if need be.

Chuck

The label was not set up correctly, it is now and still not working. I only have the sequence editor running.

Double check that the correct com port is selected in the Sequence Editor.... You say te LED goes solid in the Hardware Utility so make sure that the Sequence Editor uses the same port. In the sequence Editor click: Edit->Prefrences->Network Preferences.. set DASHER and X10 to NONE and set LOR to the correct port.

If you can control a controller with the Hardware Utility then if the Sequence Editor is the only program running then the problem has to be some type of configuration issue (either channel config or port config )

LightORama wrote:

Double check that the correct com port is selected in the Sequence Editor.... You say te LED goes solid in the Hardware Utility so make sure that the Sequence Editor uses the same port. In the sequence Editor click: Edit->Prefrences->Network Preferences.. set DASHER and X10 to NONE and set LOR to the correct port.

If you can control a controller with the Hardware Utility then if the Sequence Editor is the only program running then the problem has to be some type of configuration issue (either channel config or port config )

Set everything as above, doesn't work.

How long is the cat5 cable between your computer and the first Lor board.

I found a long cable makes for unstable workings.

Just to check this out I didn't shorten the cable to the first box outside, I just put another LOR board in series with it . Everything operates normally.

I will shorten the in place cable and/or check for corrosion of the outdor connection.

RZ Hill

I would think that if you get the steady LED with the hardware utility, and from your screen shot it appears that the sequence editor channel configuration is correct, as long as the controller is unit 1, the only other thing it could be is the comm port setting in the sequence editor.

Just my humble opinion

Bill

Does the unit have the ID? The unit will respond to the hardware by having a solid light but it needs its ID to controll anything. If it is a "D" version their is a switch on the baoard, a standard use the hardware utility to set it.

--Daniel L

RZHILL wrote:

Just for grins, try a shorter Cat5 cable, I had the same thing and going down from 100 ft to the first controller to the actual distance needed (75) ft cured the problem.

RZ Hill

RZ,

Just plugged it in, no change.

Jim

Daniel wrote:

Does the unit have the ID? The unit will respond to the hardware by having a solid light but it needs its ID to controll anything. If it is a "D" version their is a switch on the baoard, a standard use the hardware utility to set it.

--Daniel L

I have the unit set to unit 01.

Do you have "control lights"checked on the Play button up top when running the sequence. I didn't see that question asked yet.

Edit: oh, dag gone-it. I see the question asked now. Sorry.

Jim, if you want to visit. PM me and I'll give you my phone number. I've helped out a few over the phone.

Tom