Light-O-Rama Forums

Music

light-o-rama rocks

To link the audio into the sequence, go to edit/media file and select the audio that is going with the sequence. Then save the sequence

• 2 weeks later...

Also when you first start the sequencer it usually pops up a box and asks (unless you turned it off, don't know why you would) if you want to create a new musical or new animation sequence or if you have already created sequences, it can show you those. Just need to click the appropriate tab at the top of that pop up box, labeled "New Sequence": Which shows Musical or Animation, "Existing Sequence" : shows you all your folders or sequences you've created, or "Recent Sequence", which the last shows all sequences you've been working on with the most recent at the top of the list..

So when you first create a sequence, if doing lights to music, select new musical sequence and it will ask you to open the music file you wish to use for the sequence.

One note of caution, if you create a NON musical sequence, called an animation sequence, you can't go back and add music to an animation sequence.

Also if you have set up any type of configuration file for your display in a musical sequence, you can not import that config into an animation sequence because for some reason LOR does not allow animation sequences to have a config file, which I don't quite follow that logic, every time I create an animation sequence I have to label all 80 channels each time I create a new one, sometimes I use several different animation files.

Would sure be nice if animation sequences could also have their own config file, would sure save some time when creating new ones to use in a display.

Gorob23 wrote:

I spent all day yesterday trying to make a sequence and add some music. No luck! I'll try it again after work.
Thank You
Rob

Before you even get to the part to start sequencing the lights to the music you should be getting a pop up as I described previously in one of the posts above.

It sounds to me you are creating an animation sequence, then trying to add a media file or music file to it. The LOR SE, again, WILL NOT allow you to go from an animation sequence to an musical sequence. You MUST first off, tell the SE what music file you want to add, then the SE will load the music and then you can sequence the lights to the music.

When you have the SE open and the music loaded, do you have the waveform visible at the top of the editor (just under the toolbar)? If not, you need to turn that on.

Here is the steps to create a new musical sequence if you are already in the SE:

Step 1: Click on the icon in the tool bar that looks like a piece of paper

Step 2: Locate the Music File in a format the SE understands (MP3, WAV - MP4 WILL NOT WORK!)

Step 3: You should now be in the SE itself and start being able to turn on/off channels or effects. (Did you create a config file of your display elements?)

That's pretty much it, not difficult at all.

This is why I am thinking you are creating an animation squence WITHOUT music, then you're trying to go in and add a music file to it, which, again, the LOR SE software will not allow you to change from one type of sequence to a different type, such as animation to music, nor will it go the other way either, music to animation.

So you want to make sure you're selecting the correct sequence criteria before you ever get into the SE screen where you do the actual sequencing.

I hope this makes sense. Maybe someone else can explain it in a little better detail than I am doing, if you're not getting what I'm trying to convey.

I just don't understand why you're having such a difficult time creating an musical sequence, when it only a takes a few clicks to get started.

No I did them as a music file but I am sure I missed or added a step. Same reason I don't work on my car..

I have spent today watching the videos and reading I am going to have another lap top next the one running the LOR show to see if I can get this done..
Thanks for the reply and help
Rob

When you open the sequencer. There's a pop up box.

click on new sequence.
select music sequence.

Another window pops up. This is the default audio file where you music files should be located.

Click on the music file that you want to create the sequence for.

If you'd rather someone show you. Check out the videos here...
http://forums.lightorama.com/forum95/28633.html

David Rise wrote:

When you open the sequencer. There's a pop up box.

click on new sequence.
select music sequence.

Another window pops up. This is the default audio file where you music files should be located.

Click on the music file that you want to create the sequence for.

If you'd rather someone show you. Check out the videos here...
http://forums.lightorama.com/forum95/28633.html

well that's one prblem. I get a pop up window >Light-Orama> Audio which has NONE of my music in it...

Now it;s time to watch the video....
Thank You
Rob

ps at least the one's I bought with system just started 5pm :cool: