Light-O-Rama Forums

Gen 2 controller and starter package from last year

Chris B

Didn't really know how to title this one.... Last year i bought one of the gen 2 controllers - blue board with high power heatsinks that can run in a standalone mode and a software starter package that included an rs485 adapter. I bought this in december and unfortunately never got to do anything with it. I brought it back out tonight and built a leaping arch with my kids. When i went to run the software I forgot that i had computer problems during the year and had to reformat. I loaded the driver disk which worked fine and loaded the S2 2.7.6. I tried to run the lights but they wouldnt run. I ran the verifier and it says that it is only a demo version and that i need to enter a license key. I believe this key was emailed to me at the time of purchase and i never wrote the number down as i thought i would never need it again. The only reason i say this is because i kept all lor equipment together in the same box. Should i just purchase the new software? I read that the new software that is out would just be given out to existing customers within a year of purchase. Should i call LOR? Do they keep records of there customers? Thanks Chris

Actually you should be able to go to the software page and retrieve your license key from there, using the e-mail address you used last year.