Light-O-Rama Forums

Ok here's a Rough video, 1st year still 1st holiday season with LOR

ToddH

Ok so I know alot of you knew I was kinda on the fence for this season being that all I jumped into for my 1st year for halloween (getting the kit a month an a half away from the 31st) to learn, create, buy lights, [Foul Language Used] off wife, buy more lights, set up, [Foul Language Used] off wife some more...make up for it with the sounds of tons of kids dancing in my yard in costumes ;)

anyway, thanks to LoriP here for helping me get motivated and gave me some really easy ideas. My main issue was that I was very very limited with the amount of lights I had so instead of linking the netlights on the bushes I set each set up for its own channel till I can complete some other stuff I am hopeing to get done by this or next weekend the latest just alot going on atm...

Anyway don't want to bore you all, so here's the link for wizards in winter. 16 channels...and I have to say going from halloween having to sequence the face to sing and going to non face sequence songs seems to have made it alot easier or I am just starting to really get the hang of what I can do...there is SOOOO much more that can be done and how to fix it so I welcome suggestions and would love any an all feedback.

http://youtu.be/WI1KrWn2Ul0

I like the way you used the strobes. Are you powering them on and off quickly to get that pattern effect, or are there multiple strobe channels? I never thought of using them like that - might be something I could try on my garage...

George Simmons wrote:

I like the way you used the strobes. Are you powering them on and off quickly to get that pattern effect, or are there multiple strobe channels? I never thought of using them like that - might be something I could try on my garage...

Yeah I am powering them on and off for about .20 skip about .40 then .20 again

I found that when they turn off they sometimes still have some sorta delay so I have used that to the advantage of the look. My wife is not fond of them as she thinks they should stay in the Halloween display and not this one, but I like it. Thanks for the complement George and Evan!

ToddH wrote:

George Simmons wrote:

Yeah I am powering them on and off for about .20 skip about .40 then .20 again

I found that when they turn off they sometimes still have some sorta delay so I have used that to the advantage of the look. My wife is not fond of them as she thinks they should stay in the Halloween display and not this one, but I like it. Thanks for the complement George and Evan!

what kind of strobes are you using? certainly not led correct?

• The topic was locked