Light-O-Rama Forums

Gemmy Inflatables and Light Flurries Parts??

SBontempo

Hey Guys,

I am in Gemmy Hell this season with a Gemmy inflatable snow globe. It has 2 motors, one for inflation and 1 to circulate the styrofoam pellets around inside. The only marking I can find on both motors is Model:SJD-M2.

My local motor rewiring guys say they can't work on these and searches on Ebay and Google haven't provided anything useful unless I want to just buy another inflatable snow globe. Gemmy doesn't carry spare parts and the company that they refer people to doesn't have any either.

This globe is only a couple of years old and and I would hate to have to throw it away because my wife loves it. Any ideas??

Also, both of my light flurries machines crapped out on me this year as well. I have only taken one of them apart so far and found that the 120VAC to 12VAC power supply is dead. They filled the bottom of the power supply with black epoxy and it would take me forever to dig it out as I have done one before to repair it. I can probably substitute a 120 - 12VAC 5A wall wart just to get this going so it's not as big of a deal as the snow globe is.

Any thoughts on where to find replacement parts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Steve

I wish you the best of luck in finding them, I had the exact same globe as you and both motors burned out two years ago, eventually I managed to contact Gemmy about a replacement motor but it was more expensive for each of them than getting a brand new complete unit off of ebay was.

Send me a pic or exact name or part number of the globe. I may have one that I might be willing to part with.

Thanks Guys, I managed to find acceptable power supplies for the light flurries and I am in the process of pulling the motor out of one of my old halloween blowups. The halloween motor is a little smaller than the original motor but I'm hoping I can get it to work for now. Thanks for the offer Plasmadrive!

Steve

Hey Steve, Any luck with the snow globe? Pm me I may be able to help Mom has a globe that is failing and I may just scrape it to get the motors.