Light-O-Rama Forums

Missing songs

Guest guest

Hi all, I have 10 songs programed in the show editor but it only seems to play 3. I have checked each song in the sequence editor and they play fine but for some reason they miss in the show editor. I've redone the show editor and they still seem to miss them.

Thanks Craig

Not sure if this has been asked for before, but I would REALLY like to see error logging in the show player. Right now it's really hard to pinpoint problems like this, when a message like "Can't load audio file C:foobarsong.mp3" would tell you exactly what's happening...

These messages could be written out to a file or some other form of logging, and the resulting behavior (skipping the song) wouldn't change.

-Tim

Craig Rivers wrote:

Hi all, I have 10 songs programed in the show editor but it only seems to play 3. I have checked each song in the sequence editor and they play fine but for some reason they miss in the show editor. I've redone the show editor and they still seem to miss them.

Thanks Craig

Craig, in addition to checking to checking the audio file, make sure the file will end correctly using the sequence editor. In 1.5.0 there was a bug that sometimes caused the sequence to end hundredths of a second before the music. This would cause the sequence to stop. This might be happening during your shows. (That said, this usually results in the sequence stopping during the show, not skipping it. Still worth looking at.)

I guess when I burned my sequences onto a disk to take downstairs I forgot to burn the music separately onto an audio track. Nothing major but I have to run out and get somemore disks.

Thanks again for all your help

Craig