Light-O-Rama Forums

What Spacing Do You Use For Accuracy

Guest guest

I've been using a .05 spacing between events on my board for even slow songs to allow for great accuracy in my beats. I'm noticing that I'm still not getting a consistent timing. Ex. with TSO's Cannon, there is a consitent beat about every .50 of a second. Every once in a while I have to adjust it to .45 or .4 to "shift things back in place". I'm assuming this is because the beat is just slightly off. After 8 or 9 "slightly off beats", then it add up to an entire .05.

What amount of timing are you using between events?

I use .1 most of the time and .05 for faster beats. With .1 timing I can usually get the beat "close enough" that I don't think it matters much when you watch the actual display.

I agree if you put a beat every .5 seconds over time you will need to "shift" the beat by +/- .1 now and then.

I find that .10 does not always get me exactly on the beat as I want, so I go with .04 grid spacing. It does make the grid difficult to read if you zoom out too far, but I don't like adding timing events when I need faster motion, and I have yet to need faster timing. I use this instead of .05 because you can't split .05 in half if you needed to. If you split .05 in half, you get one .02 and one .03 event. So, I picked .04 so this wouldn't be a problem if I did need faster timing.

contactmike1 wrote:

.... If you split .05 in half, you get one .02 and one .03 event. So, I picked .04 so this wouldn't be a problem if I did need faster timing.

Thanks for the tip!
I'll put that one in my memory bank for later use. :happytree:

Thanks guys. The .04 makes a lot more sense to me.

Glad to hear there are other overly obsessive anal people around. 90% of the puplic will never seen the inaccurcies, but I know. That drives me nuts. :)

XmasSkoz wrote:

Thanks guys. The .04 makes a lot more sense to me.

Glad to hear there are other overly obsessive anal people around. 90% of the puplic will never seen the inaccurcies, but I know. That drives me nuts. :)

I hear you! I doesn't matter how many times I watch my show or videos. There's always another problem or error to be fixed everytime I see it!

ktulu909 wrote:

I tried .01 one day and my eyes about popped out of my head.I really need one of those 24" widescreen monitors.

Dual monitors can work wonders for this. I have two 19"! :)

I used .1 spacing and had a realy hard time with a section of my song that is all syncopated. all I did was just keep splitting up .1 events into usually two .5 or sometimes five .2 events