Light-O-Rama Forums

What do I need to get started??

Duckman

I have a static display now with about 15000 LED lights and I am thinking about venturing into the world of LOR but know absolutely nothing about it. What do I need to get started? Maybe 16 or 32 channels to start with.

RUN!!! :P

Read the forums here they are filled with lots of information. Good Stuff.

I started this year as well, With 16 and then quickly moved to 32. But it really depends on what look you are going for. What you want to do with the lights. As has been said before, Archs, Mega Trees, etc take up lots of channels in a hurry.

Good luck with your journey and enjoy the hobby.

A bottomless wallet! Hey, you asked! :D

Most of us use the PC kit series, get the one that fits your skill level and/or budget best. You will need a heck of a lot more extension cords, either premade or make your own. Plan early, sequencing takes time, lots of it.

Welcome aboard and have fun. Also please go to your profile and add your location. One of us may be near you that can help.

So if I buy a CTB16PC controller is that all I need to get started or do I need more hardware? I am just trying to figure out what it is going to cost to start small maybe one or two controllers.

You will also need the starter kit. If you feel pretty certain that you will be expanding, get the advanced software right away, it'll save you some bucks in the long run. It is preferred to have a dedicated computer to run the show, you don't need much for this computer, I got one cheap at a rummage sale and works great. There are other ways to run a show if that's the route you need to go also.