Light-O-Rama Forums

Minor LOR Frustrations

Guest guest

I guess while I'm being frustrated, I'll see if there are solutions to other little quirks.

1. Selecting and scrolling left takes forever. Ex. if I decided to select from 1:00 all the way to 5:00, I select the spaces and then move my mouse to the far right of the screen until the screen scrolls to 5:00. This is moving very slow. Any way of forcing it to scroll faster.

2. When I mess around with options in the tool bar and then go back to my grid, LOR places the item "one away" from where I click. So say I zoom in and scroll right to get to a segment. I then copy and attempt to paste something at say 1:05. Well LOR places the item either one space up, or to the right of wher I originally clicked. I can erase that and repaste though. After doing this multiple time, it becomes frustrating.

3. Anyway, or future plans to be able to mark "the board" as the music is playing. Currently, if something is off, I have to stop the music and make my beat mark, then play again. Would be nice if I could make my marks on the board as the music was playing. Possible even being able to slow the Tap Wizard down to 1/2 time or 1/4 time would allow for greater accuracy.

Hi,

What I found that helped with the scrolling is several things. 1st instead of selecting a large amount of objects (channels) at the begining I select only one and then scroll to the end mark and select all then. 2nd I noticed if while trying to scroll you move the cursor up and down while all the way to one side or the other it tends to speed up the scroll speed. I am only working with 16 channels so I don't know if it would be the same with more channels. Hope this is clear as mud. good luck.

XmasSkoz wrote:

I guess while I'm being frustrated, I'll see if there are solutions to other little quirks.

1. Selecting and scrolling left takes forever. Ex. if I decided to select from 1:00 all the way to 5:00, I select the spaces and then move my mouse to the far right of the screen until the screen scrolls to 5:00. This is moving very slow. Any way of forcing it to scroll faster.

Shift-click is your friend. Instead of drag-scrolling, click in one corner of your proposed selection, scroll to the other place (e.g. via the scrollbars), and shift-click the other side.

-Tim

As a point of reference for others, the scrolling speed depends on your computer processor. I have a dual athlon system that scrolls faster than you can keep up with. (It can scroll the entire length of a 10 minute file with 48 channels on the screen in 11 seconds.) If you try to do the same on my show machine (700mhz), it would take minutes.