Light-O-Rama Forums

Fan Mail

Mark Showalter

Yes, I got a nice note from a neighbor across the street last year. It was attached to a small gift bag with a few dollar store Christmas items in it. They left it on my front porch.

I made sure to go over and thank them, and also sent them a Christmas Card.

It was nice to know that the display is appreciated, and not considered a nuisance to the neighbors.

Jerry

My highlight was someone writing an article in the letter to the editor section of the local
paper thanking my wife and I for our display. It was a great letter and even a better feeling of how
much she enjoyed watching the display with her grandchild.

My best so far (other than cards from folks) was a plate of cookies from an 8 year old little girl who made her mother help her bake cookies "For the nice man who does the lights".
I think I almost choked when she gave me those and I certainly would have given almost everything I have to be able to save one of those cookies to keep as a memory.
It only take such a little show of caring to really make your day when you do this.

Last year I got Christmas potatoes thrown in my yard. See the link below.

http://bit.ly/u3nHm7

Someone dropped off a poinsetta[sic], another person sent us a gift card, got a couple of Christmas cards. Some people are just so incredibly nice.

Mark Showalter wrote:

I had to share this one with all of you. I know you each have people just like this watching your displays.

Hope you can read this.

Merry Christmas!:D

That one is amazing.

jstorms wrote:

Last year I got Christmas potatoes thrown in my yard. See the link below.

http://bit.ly/u3nHm7

Someone dropped off a poinsetta[sic], another person sent us a gift card, got a couple of Christmas cards. Some people are just so incredibly nice.

I am absolutely going to start the "Christmas Potato" tradition in my neighborhood!