Light-O-Rama Forums

Instant Sequence

thevikester

Ok..I have a controller, # 7, in which there are not any channels assigned to anything. But 9 controllers do have almost all channels assigned, when I'm doing instant sequencing without CCR's, just regualar 16 channel controllers, its putting in timings, fades, etc...for my Controller 7, and channels 15 & 16 on controller 6, which there is also nothing assigned to those channels. Is that normal, when the controller and channels are not assigned to anything??

No that is not the way it is designed. Can you zip up the visualization file and email it to brian@superstarlights.com so I can take a look at it.

BrianBruderer wrote:

No that is not the way it is designed. Can you zip up the visualization file and email it to brian@superstarlights.com so I can take a look at it.

I went through all my files that I exported over from SS...and its the same ...what happens is this...Controller 7 is open, along with channels 15 & 16 of Controller 6.

Controllers 8,9,10 control 16 channels each of R, W, G, mega tree....what it appears to be doing is taking the last 2 channels of controller 6, along with the next 14 of controller 7, for 16 channels, which is probably for the Green, which is actuall controller 10. Then it takes the last 2 of Controller 7, along with the first 14 of Controller 8, which is for the red ....and then not sure what is going on after that, as it takes the last 2 channels of controller 8, skips channel 1 on controller 9, gives me 6 white channels, throws channel 7 out of whack which looks like it falls into place with channel 1 of the white, and then 6 more channels of white, skipping the last 2 altogether...I will send you my visualizer if I can get a wireless connection at work, as I brought my computer with me to work on sequences today : )

Thank you for sending your visualization file, it is a nice looking display.
I did a quick test where I added a scene that turned every light on for 1 second to see what it would produce. It turned on the following channels for 1 second.

UnitID 01 - circuits 1, 4-16
UnitID 02 - circuits 1-16
UnitID 03 - circuits 1-9, 11-16
UnitID 04 - circuits 1-16
UnitID 05 - circuits 1-16
UnitID 06 - circuits 1-14
UnitID 07 - no circuits
UnitID 08 - circuits 1-16
UnitID 09 - circuits 1-16
UnitID 10 - circuits 1-2, 4-16

I checked through the visualization and the channel assignments matched what I saw in the sequence file that was exported to the sequence editor.
The only missing channel that was clearly a mistake was in the mega tree, bring up bundle 3 and you will see the mistake that caused circuit 3 to be missing in Unit ID 10.

So in my quick test I could not find a problem. If you have an exported file that seems wrong, zip up that file and email it to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it.

BrianBruderer wrote:

Thank you for sending your visualization file, it is a nice looking display.
I did a quick test where I added a scene that turned every light on for 1 second to see what it would produce. It turned on the following channels for 1 second.

UnitID 01 - circuits 1, 4-16
UnitID 02 - circuits 1-16
UnitID 03 - circuits 1-9, 11-16
UnitID 04 - circuits 1-16
UnitID 05 - circuits 1-16
UnitID 06 - circuits 1-14
UnitID 07 - no circuits
UnitID 08 - circuits 1-16
UnitID 09 - circuits 1-16
UnitID 10 - circuits 1-2, 4-16

I checked through the visualization and the channel assignments matched what I saw in the sequence file that was exported to the sequence editor.
The only missing channel that was clearly a mistake was in the mega tree, bring up bundle 3 and you will see the mistake that caused circuit 3 to be missing in Unit ID 10.

So in my quick test I could not find a problem. If you have an exported file that seems wrong, zip up that file and email it to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it.
Good Catch on Channel 3....I will do a Instant Sequence here shortly, and export it...give me a few minutes...thanks for all your help with this...Is there something special that I'm missing when exporting?? I'm just export, name file.lms and away I go...

Its official...I am a dumb A$$ so what was happening is this..its exporting to a channel configuration, that is not my main one....its the configuration of the visualizer..I would only look at the top and see Channel 2 as not having anything assigned, when my Main Configuration has an FM Sign...I didnt scroll all the way down to see that all the channels that are assigned are right, and I was importing my main one right over the top...thus shifting the bottom half..

I really do apologize for wasting your time researching my brain fade..I spent a couple hours last night cutting, pasting, tweaking to make things my own, ugggh! Could have save half that at least!

No problem. I like to see what other people do in their visualization so I know better how to support it.

jimswinder wrote:

thevikester wrote:
Its official...I am a dumb A$$
Welcome to the Club...I was getting lonely!! :P

Ahhhh Jim...it was just a matter of time before I joined! I don't know why I was fighting the inevitable so hard!