Light-O-Rama Forums

HELP!!!! SAM THE SNOWMAN IS DOWN!!!!!!

Ralph D

I HAVE A VINTAGE SAM THE SNOW MAN INFLATABLE... A CLASSIC AND ONE OF MY OLDEST AND WITH OUT A DOUGH MY FAVORITE PEACE OF MY DISPLAY. WELL YESTERDAY AND THE DAY BEFORE WE HAD SOME BAD WEATHER AND I SHUT DOWN THE SHOW AND MY SAM...WELL WHEN I TESTED THE SHOW AND CHECKED EVERYTHING TODAY I NOTICED WAS WAS NOT UP....WELL LONG STORY SHORT HE HAS A RIP IN ONE OF HIS SEEMS. ITS ABOUT 8 INCHES LONG BUT ON THE SEEM. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO FIX IT.

I have sewn up some rips in my inflatables without any trouble. Just use some heavy thread (especially if it is a rip around a tie down point) and you should be fine.

Check out camping supply stores. They make patches for tents with amazing glue already applied.

They are flexible and come in lots of colors.

M.

The rip is right to the left of his side ring that sticks out so he can be made level.(the one on his hip) looks to me like a high wind went one way and Sam went the other and the wind won.

well at least i wont have to look hard for the cloth material I have a second sam the snow man I use for parts. so i guess its time to cut some up. i also found boating tape called tear-aid, funny i think i have some us this stuff in the garage. ill keep every one posted. Thanks everyone. this is such a bummer.

sew it up, then apply a waterproof glue or resin to that area. Done! before I went LightOrama my Harley Santa tore all the time.