Light-O-Rama Forums

Holiday Lights Designer

bjab

Welcome bjab. Sorry to come to this thread late.
I paid $49 for HLD and regretted it immediately. Spent a few weeks with it and abandoned it. It just didnt work that well.

No hard feelings against the author from me, it just didnt work out. And part of the reason I purchased it is to support a small business man trying to do something cool. There are many complaints along with compliments even when software is offered for free.

So to chime in with the other long time members.
HLD has been totally eclipsed by LOR Visualizer. Viz has a future with bug fixes and upgrades. HLD had some good marketing and flash, but its day is over.

ItsMeBobO wrote:

Welcome bjab. Sorry to come to this thread late.
I paid $49 for HLD and regretted it immediately. Spent a few weeks with it and abandoned it. It just didnt work that well.

No hard feelings against the author from me, it just didnt work out. And part of the reason I purchased it is to support a small business man trying to do something cool. There are many complaints along with compliments even when software is offered for free.

So to chime in with the other long time members.
HLD has been totally eclipsed by LOR Visualizer. Viz has a future with bug fixes and upgrades. HLD had some good marketing and flash, but its day is over.

I understand what you're saying. Too bad it turned out the way it did. It sure looked good at first glance. Sorry to "open up old wounds".....but being kind of new at all this..... how was I to know ? Didn't have alot of time to browse the board before I asked questions. Now if anyone wants to chime in and explain a little bit about the new viz and how it works, I'd really like to hear and learn from everyone here. Thanks for your post.

A-hole in us? Not sure I see any posts like that.

You asked for opinions...you got them. We are trying to help you avoid tossing money away when there are better tools. I sense you were hoping for better feedback, but the question is, do you want the truth, or want a response that tells you what you are hoping to hear. And when you get multiple similar opinions, that suggests something.

Nothing stops you from trying out the free version and convincing yourself...but it does appear the creator of HLD has abandoned ship (has happened multiple times...), and so even if you like it, you may be ultimately stuck with an expired free trial

bjab wrote:

Didn't have alot of time to browse the board before I asked questions.
Now if anyone wants to chime in and explain a little bit about the new viz and how it works, I'd really like to hear and learn from everyone here. Thanks for your post.

Browsing the board is a good thing. 98% of every question we see asked here has been asked many times previously and answered many times.

Explain the new Viz ?

The Vizualizer has a complete forum section dedicated to it. It's located in the LOR Software section.

Have you looked at the tutorial for the Viz ? It will explain and answer many of your questions.

http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/3.0.0/help/tutorial.htm