Light-O-Rama Forums

Holiday Lights Designer

bjab

I have HLD...haven't used it since the first year I bought it in 2009...LOR's Visualizer is just as good if not better...

I also bought it the first year but couldn't really get the hang of it and it was a resource hog on my machine (slow as death when running).
So I just use LOR for it all and gave up on HLD.

I have it and still use too, but only because I have it and still use it. It hasn't been updated in YEARS, but I got it for a dang good price. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone though.

Tom Straub

Since you asked again, I'll answer. YES, I have a copy of the HLD that I won't be using anymore. And the reason I won't be using it anymore is because it doesn't work anymore.

i have it and use it some to augment the visualizer it has its bugs but at LEAST I CAN GET MY WHOLE YARD IN IT NOT PUSHING hld ON ANY BODY JUST SAYING HOLIDAYSOFT DOES NOT SUPPORT IT NOW THE PROGRAMER WHO WROTE THE PROGRAM QUIT.

Obviously this guy does Bill

bjab wrote: So ....... no one that has it and doesn't want or use it...is willing to get rid of it and let me try it ?

Ok....everyone! I had seen the software offered a couple years ago but never purchased it ...unlike most of you here. It looked interesting at the time...like most of you thought, that did purchase it. I recently open up my LOR and remembered about it and decided to check into it more...unaware of the creator abandoning it. I saw where it said the online store for it was "down for maintenance".
I had no idea how long that message had been there on the download/purchase site. So that's when I started asking about it here. A few of you had left legitimate answers and said they even still use it and like it....others who are apparently mad and irritated that they got shafted, left unnecessary remarks. No need for that. I was only inquiring about it and if some are still using it and it seems to work for them...then why not take a look ? Sorry to inquire about something that makes the a-hole in you come out. This is a board to ask questions and learn things not to belittle someone that is interested in the same kind of stuff you are. Sorry I dont know as much as some of you...but I do know how to reply kindley. There's always a few smart asses around !

Guest wbottomley

Look. I never purchased it or even consider it. But... with the money it takes to buy it, spend it on LOR 3 and get the new viz. It's supported and will be improved.

I know the owner of HLD has pissed a lot of people off here taking their money and dropping support of the product. I can see their frustration.

When anyone mentions HLD, it's like pouring salt in a wound.