Light-O-Rama Forums

Crosshair for Sequence Editor

Guest guest

I was reading the LOR feature request thread and saw that RichardH had mentioned it would be nice to have a crosshair for easier aligning of channel editing. For the past few weeks editing I had told myself the same thing. Well I found a free program that let's you put up a mouse crosshair over any screen at the touch of a Hot Key. The author stated that it was designed for XP but it is working fine on my 98SE show laptop.

Here is the LINK

~Todd

ToddS wrote:

I was reading the LOR feature request thread and saw that RichardH had mentioned it would be nice to have a crosshair for easier aligning of channel editing. For the past few weeks editing I had told myself the same thing. Well I found a free program that let's you put up a mouse crosshair over any screen at the touch of a Hot Key. The author stated that it was designed for XP but it is working fine on my 98SE show laptop.

Here is the LINK

~Todd
Todd, that is great thanks for the information. I did the same thing that you did after reading RichardH's post. I have noticed quite a few times now when that would have been useful and have now used it while making a sequence. Perfect! Thanks again!

ToddS wrote:

I was reading the LOR feature request thread and saw that RichardH had mentioned it would be nice to have a crosshair for easier aligning of channel editing.
~Todd

The crosshair feature is in version 1.6.1 of the LOR sequence editor or did I miss your point?

"Edit" - Maybe you use your crosshair to align the channels on the left to the vertical time column. I could see where that would be a help if you had many channels.

The LOR 1.6.1 isn't "really" a crosshair. It lets you align the music with the proper column.

Sorry for the confusion. :?

Yea I realize that 1.6 has the vertical indicator in the waveform viewer...but it doesn't in animation mode. I find the fullscreen crosshair very helpful in aligning columns especially when I have the columns zoomed out a lot and it's 2 in the morning and you've been staring at a computer screen for hours on hours and listening to the same song over and over:shock: Plus I like with a simple "alt x" I can toggle the crosshair on/off for only when I need it.

~Todd