Light-O-Rama Forums

Show and schedule question --

Guest guest

I've not seen this discussed or specified anywhere yet (although I may not have looked everywhere...).

When you create a Show by adding sequences, does LOR actually import the sequences into the show, or does the show cue to go to the sequence file? When it matters is when you update a sequence it would be helpful to know if LOR needs you to remove the sequence from the show and re-add it and save it in order to pick up the updated/corrected sequence.

Likewise, if you update a show, do you need to delete the show from the scheduler and add the updated show back onto the schedule, or will the scheduler refer to the updated show of the same name without me needing to change the schedule?

Thanks all!

It will look at the updated file and the show will incorporate the updates.

However, I believe that any changes saved in a sequence are not effective until the next show begins. For example, if a show is running now and I change the sequence for SONG A, the changes won't be shown until the current show ends and the next scheduled show (e.g., tomorrow) begins.

Rick mentioned most of it.

I've found that if you edit a SHOW while it's running, it will restart the show. (Or I have incredible timing everytime ....)

Rick is correct that if you want to change the sequence, you will need to manually restart the show, or else it will not pick up the changes.

I made some additions to one of my 3 sequences last night while the show was running. I made sure "Control lights" was disabled in the sequencer. I saved my changes when that particular song wasn't playing. The next time the song was played, it played my changes. :tree: