Light-O-Rama Forums

2nd year LOR user. First time videos.

Tom Clapper

Here are some vidoes of our display that my wife took with her digital camara. The videos aren't the best but it gets the job done. Second year with LOR 48 channels and 10,000 lights. Let me know what you think.

Winter Wonderland

Jingle Bells Techno

Hot Chocolate

Amazing Grace Techno

Tom Clapper wrote:

Here are some vidoes of our display that my wife took with her digital camara. The videos aren't the best but it gets the job done. Second year with LOR 48 channels and 10,000 lights. Let me know what you think.

Winter Wonderland

Jingle Bells Techno

Hot Chocolate

Amazing Grace Techno

Great Job Tom!

Thanks, Doug

Linda, Thanks also. My mega tree is actually a 12'-14' Blue spruce tree that someone who lived here before me planted in a great spot for my light display! LOL! The camara my wife used is a Sony Cyber Shot. I have talked to another LOR user from nearby that is hopefully going to come tuesday (weather permiting) and video my show with his Flip. We have about 4-5 more songs but the videos didn't turn out good. Hopefully he can make it and I'll post them when there done.

I just taped my show last night with my flip, it looks so much better than my HD camcorder for some reason. They pickup the lights and colors so much better, I am sure you will like the results. Nice setup and sequencing.

Which flip camera are you using the HD or Ultra HD? I've been thinking about getting one. I really kinda hate to because I have a mini camcorder and three digital cameras but not happy with the any of them for taking vids of the display.

btw - the flip is a great camera to use (I use it for my videos too) also take the time to experiment with importing the video to Windows Movie Maker and import the actual mp3 of the song, get it lined up with the video and then mute the audio from the recording so you have the original mp3 playing with the video. Makes a world of difference with no background noise.
If you need help with it shoot me a pm

I used just a Flip Ultra, it doesn't say HD on it. I am pretty sure it isn't HD, since it films in a 4:3 aspect ratio. I was VERY happy with the results. I didn't change anything in the video (brighten / intensify), just added the text at the beginning and overlayed the audio.

Here is my first video:

• The topic was locked