Light-O-Rama Forums

I Smell Something Fishy!

Guest Guest

Guest wbottomley

I can smell something fishy here. Looking at that list, well, I've been around long enough to know most of those sequences have been ripped from free websites.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2011-LIGHT-O-RAMA-10-SEQUENCE-COMBO-PACK-LIGHTORAMA-CHRISTMAS-LIGHT-SHOW-/180763730238?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a165ba13e&BackToListReferer=http%3A%2F%2Fmy.ebay.com%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FMyEbayBeta#ht_1315wt_998

I'm no reopening a can of worms here... just this one seller's list.

evan.a wrote:

I didnt see snowman on his list. oh thats right, I didnt upload it. only shared with a few friends.

And for that I am truely greatful Evan! My wife loves that one! If there were only more like you out there.

Guest wbottomley

evan.a wrote:

I didnt see snowman on his list. oh thats right, I didnt upload it. only shared with a few friends.

Yea.... and that's one I need to add. Now... if I can get my show machine straighten out, then I'll have time.

BTW: Thank you!

wbottomley wrote:

I can smell something fishy here. Looking at that list, well, I've been around long enough to know most of those sequences have been ripped from free websites....

Unfortunately I have to agree with you and the sad part is, he is a Forum member.

What? You don't think someone could do all that in one year?...:D

http://forums.lightorama.com/view_topic.php?id=27712&forum_id=76&jump_to=262190#p262190

Or maybe the name and location are purely coincidental?

Depressing to read the feedback comments...ripping sequences and selling them (if that is the case..) seems to fit the style...

The auction has ended, so we've all missed out...:(...oh wait..there are others...:shock:

evan.a wrote:

I got that one from you Evan, will have to video it and show you how I used it, and thank you, I love it.

I don't know about the other auctions but in the one I looked at he said

" I WILL ALSO INCLUDE THE AUDIO FILE FOR FREE WITH EACH SEQUENCE PURCHASED. I HAVE CREATED THESE SEQUENCES SO I OWN THE RIGHT TO SELL THEM...

I sent him a message via "Ask Question"

you certainly don't "own the rights" to give away someones elses' Audio....

evan.a wrote:

yeah...I still need to get that one done!!! LOL thanks again!!

DonFL wrote:

What? You don't think someone could do all that in one year?...:D

http://forums.lightorama.com/view_topic.php?id=27712&forum_id=76&jump_to=262190#p262190

Or maybe the name and location are purely coincidental?

Depressing to read the feedback comments...ripping sequences and selling them (if that is the case..) seems to fit the style...

The auction has ended, so we've all missed out...:(...oh wait..there are others...:shock:

All that in less than one year, PLUS a Halloween display. :shock:

I guess its possible. I certainly could not do it.

I smell something, not sure its fish, but I certainly smell something.:X

Yea... I smell something also! It's a load of crap! It's hard times for some people! Keep an eye on your display's, before you know it they will be on Ebay!

Donny

jimswinder wrote:

I don't know about the other auctions but in the one I looked at he said

" I WILL ALSO INCLUDE THE AUDIO FILE FOR FREE WITH EACH SEQUENCE PURCHASED. I HAVE CREATED THESE SEQUENCES SO I OWN THE RIGHT TO SELL THEM...

I sent him a message via "Ask Question"

you certainly don't "own the rights" to give away someones elses' Audio....

you have to license the sequence too.

/TheMoreYouKnow

Donny M. Carter wrote:

Yea... I smell something also! It's a load of crap! It's hard times for some people! Keep an eye on your display's, before you know it they will be on Ebay!

Donny

No matter how tough things are, compromising morals and ethics should never be a choice one makes...

rescue_653 wrote:

Its all good Evan your friends have your back! William knows what I am saying.

I'm not looking to fight anyone, I share all my stuff. Anyone who's pmed me has always gotten help or my sequence. I just stopped posting my sequence on the forum.