Light-O-Rama Forums

Show stutters

DoctorZee

I upgraded from basic plus to standard and am currently running LOR version 2.5.2 Do I need to do a manual upgrade to 3.1.2?

Also I noted that this year I have problems with two songs that stutter (and I thought that if you stuttered you could sing without stuttering, sorry, tangent). But during Mannheim's Deck the Halls and Wizards of Winter my show stops briefly, a second or less, and then continues. This happens several times during the songs.

I found that this happens on one XP laptop and one Vista laptop. Not fatal but annoying. I cleared up my toolbar, my desktop and start task bar but it still happens. It does not show up when I play the songs in my sequence editor, just in the Basic Show Setup when it runs. Anyone else have this happen? Any ideas?

The XP has 2 GB of RAM and the Vista has 4 GB of RAM.

There are no power savers active and I am running off AC power.

I am using 2 16 channel PRO LOR controllers and 3 CCRs.

I thought it would make a difference switching computers but it does not seem to change the stutter effect.

It is only on certain songs and the next step is to see if it is at the same bar/stanza each time it happens.

Thanks.

Oddly enough, no. It stutters on moderate speed parts of Deck the Halls (Mannheim) and on a little faster sequence of Wizards of Winter. Did not have this problem the past two years. I will try to localize the parts of the songs where it stutters and see if there is a common link. Thanks

DoctorZee wrote:

Oddly enough, no. It stutters on moderate speed parts of Deck the Halls (Mannheim) and on a little faster sequence of Wizards of Winter. Did not have this problem the past two years. I will try to localize the parts of the songs where it stutters and see if there is a common link. Thanks

I am also experiencing a speed problem on only one controller and it is with some very fast chases on the arches. The other arch controller is working fine.