Light-O-Rama Forums

3 Houses

andyzito

So this is a very rough draft of my latest conquest. I convinced my neighbors on both sides of me to let me light up their houses as well.

I have a spectacle that's about midway through sequencing that makes better use of all 3 houses.. i just have to finish it.

Thoughts welcome...

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChristmasLunatic#p/u/4/naeGbafZkoY

andyzito wrote:

So this is a very rough draft of my latest conquest. I convinced my neighbors on both sides of me to let me light up their houses as well.

Is the conquest the fact that you convinced your neighbors or is it the sequencing? I think the neighbors. Sequence like its the last time your neighbors will let you do it, because it just might be.:(

What you have done looks great! I'm looking forward to the finish.

Amazing. With the excitement generated on our culdesac, I may get the chance to add another house to the mix. Are your connections wired? Or are you using wireless light linkers?

Nice - I also expanded onto both neighbor's properties this year (with their permission, of course).

Did you use ELL's and your neighbor's power, or really long extension cords and your own power?

Looks great. How did you put the video's together? I would like to video mine but my yard is 140' wide so I have to be to far back to get a good video???

Sync 3 videos together is as you know a challenge to get them on the same linear track. here is a trick I found (I use it to overdub original sound to my video to eliminate unwanted audio this way I can make audio comments during recording to be used later in the edit process).

Using AudioCity (or any audio editer) add a 1/2 second or 1 second low pitch (or high pitch tone at the beginning or end of the track, low or high enough that your speaker won't respond to it) before the audio normally starts or at the end.

Add a light (or lights) synced to that sound (with the wave form it is VERY easy to see exactally where it is).

when you import the video into your editor look for the visual queue and adjust sound forward or backward to match the visual key (match all the video's so the visual key matchs at the same time frame).

It is as easy as it sounds.

Nice idea Jerry - i will totally do that. The worst part was the sync. Otis to your question, i use Sony Vegas Movie Studio. I shot all 3 videos separately, then i set them in 3 separate tracks (the center video as the top layer). I adjusted teh track motion for each video so they lined up like they do. same concept as a split screen, just times 3. what editor do you use? Sony is great and not brutally expensive like adobe.