Light-O-Rama Forums

64 channels set up

digdeepfundraising

ive just ordered my first LOR set up and ive gone with 64 channel to get me started if i was to download for example a 80 channel sequence would it work and just play the first 64 channels ?????

dan

It would play the 64 channels yes. But here is the problem you may run into. Most people set there lights up differently and have different props. So if you don't have your yard setup the exact same way as the the sequence you downloaded it may not look the way you want it.

For example if 32 of those channels (let say 1-32) were for leaping arches and you didn't have any leaping arches whatever you plug into those channels would most likely not dance correctly.

Does that make sense? The best way would be to copy and paste the major props (mega tree, arches, etc) or just make your own sequence.

hi troy thanks for the info and that all makes sense so its trial and error on using others it could come out ok or end up a pile of crap lol but i can delete and copy and paste parts to make one that works for my set up correct ????

dan

Troy, remember, some sequences are locked and you can not copy/paste them. Easier way is to look what each of those channels are doing and assign those "lines" to your channels., that way you get to pick and chose which parts you want..

You have 4 controllers for 64ch? If a Megatree in that 80ch seq is units 2 & 3 (or 5&6), then assign your units 2&3 to that, or if the minitrees are units 8&9, just change them to your unit numbers.. point being, someone has already done the work, just change the address..

And I never delete extra channels, just go into the Channel Configuration and unassign them, leaving them to be used next year.. when you buy more controllers.. (and you WILL). If you are using S3 (ver3+) you can put those extra (not-used) channels in a group and hide them/move them to the bottom.